Help us help you

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Help us help you

Post by jcheung »

I would like to request some help from those who browse the wiki but are not inclined to repair it.
Please identify deficiencies in the wiki here-images too large to fit on your screen, bad descriptions, badly outdated images, misplaced links, links to old sites (i know i made over a dozen links to the old CE store(s)), things that don't have a page that need one, etc, etc

If you are willing to gather information but not update the wiki, we can use you too.

this thread now also applies to the core-exiles FAQ
Last edited by jcheung on Fri May 06, 2016 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Re: Help us help you

Post by jcheung »

reserved...?
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

I'll start it off with:

Reactors in game:
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... YdtBdJZG0c

someone compiled this for me some time ago, a lot have not made it into the wiki yet.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

The Player Settlements section is several years out of date in places, possibly everywhere.

Might it be possible if this is brought up to date for the now deleted biographical information to be included here, though that would require a lot of interaction with the owners of the sets.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Slurmewerds
CE Official Supporter

Post by Slurmewerds »

It's hard for me to add information correctly with pictures and such from a phone but this is a good idea. I think it would be great if someone could update the front page section where it says "Other Places with information" to include Kubaf's schematics site and Soxinaldos ship builder page and any other game enhancing fan sites. I find myself wanting to look at building a new ship in the future but cannot find his page anywhere on the forums or wiki and it would make the wiki more useful if those things were updated. I'm sure there are newer and older players that don't even know those sites exist. Thanks
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Slurmewerds wrote:It's hard for me to add information correctly with pictures and such from a phone but this is a good idea. I think it would be great if someone could update the front page section where it says "Other Places with information" to include Kubaf's schematics site and Soxinaldos ship builder page and any other game enhancing fan sites. I find myself wanting to look at building a new ship in the future but cannot find his page anywhere on the forums or wiki and it would make the wiki more useful if those things were updated. I'm sure there are newer and older players that don't even know those sites exist. Thanks
Sox Ship builder page? address please... I know only that http://coreexilesforum.com/index.php?th ... roup.2323/

Front page is "Coops Only" page, so change will take some time, but Kubaf site will appear. Any other suggestions to wiki's Front Page?
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

aRJay wrote:The Player Settlements section is several years out of date in places, possibly everywhere.

Might it be possible if this is brought up to date for the now deleted biographical information to be included here, though that would require a lot of interaction with the owners of the sets.
this, unfortunately, is up to the settlement owners to keep up to date. there was a period where i attempted to rectify some of these... and... there were simply too many, and too many details for each one, which can change by the month.
of course, if someone volunteers to keep the setts up to date, i'd be more than happy to work with them through the backlog (slowly)

this tasking will also need all closed settlements to be deleted from the wiki, or redirected to a graveyard-something that i would actually not be against doing... if provided with a list of the dead.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Emporiums are missing...
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I'm not totally convinced that the Wiki is a place for things like lists of Settlements and Emporiums. These details change as the game does. Adding these to the wiki is simply not sensible IMO.

The information is already in the game and up to date at all times. Simply looking at the state of settlements on the Wiki shows that it simply doesn't work.

The wiki should be for 'information' on how to play and what does what. Not a repeat list of everything in game. Again IMO.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Zoorland

Post by Zoorland »

Far be it from me to agree with Coops :P but, uhh... combine this http://stats.core-exiles.com/settle.php with the in-game CE Finder tool and you have almost everything you need so far as Settlements are concerned. The only things left out are Union offices and Manufacturing facilities, all the other useful data is available from those two sources.

As for Emporiums, well, maintaining a list of Emporium LOCATIONS could be nice (since the in-game Emporium finder is, uhh... intentionally hampered), but even dreaming about for-sale lists is foolish.