Nebula Harvesters - A Question...

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Re: Nebula Harvesters - A Question...

Post by Sukayo »

2 CES 2, running nearly nonstop - same comment like Hunbaba. Bio fuel i use for other things.
Galfling

Post by Galfling »

I use CES Harvester. It is deployed almost all the time... Belive me, when it would run on Bio Fuel, my Fuel Depot would be drained faster than a vampire drain a virgin from her blood...

SO PLEASE!!!! Do not do it...

Refgueling is a part of harvesting. Ok, you can change it: auto-refuel Dyza directly from Commercial Storage, but plz, do not make them Bio-Fuel eaters.
Come and visit Crazy Witch in Portal system!!!

Alice: "How long is forever?"
White Rabbit: "Sometimes, just one second..."
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Nuff said, can't say I'm surprised by the replies.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Bloodskye
CE Official Supporter

Post by Bloodskye »

Please don't make that change. :(
Ship fuel is a very precious commodity and the primary limiter in the game. I would only be willing to use the fuel for something other than my ship is if it got me something equally useful in the game. Biofuel lets me travel, fight, mine, salvage, etc.

Now a shiny new drone that took fuel from a commercial storage to the harvester and cargo from the harvester to the store would be interesting. :D

I plan on using harvesters once I have my skill up high enough to get the good stuff. 8-)
You read my sig. That's enough social interaction for one day.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

thanks Coops.
blueblue

Post by blueblue »

yep, i agree as i'm looking into it soon and it costs quite a lot alrady....

although one possibility may be to offset it with the chance of geting fuel as a reward....gamble with fuel to get a chance to make more or less per harvesting opertion.....and some form way of transfering fuel between fuel depo and ship for this operation would be needed without shop upgrades....it may be worthwhile for higher levels.....and you could always start the low level players likemyself harvesting dyz fuel for the higher level guys who will need lots for the new super harvester.......
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

No, niet, nein, non, nee, nai, nej, etc. You get my drift.
Bio fuel is the most precious resource in game so I don't want to spend it on anything else than mining, salvaging and crew missions. Those are the most fuel intensive game activities, right?
It's just a quick trip (all right, make it a dozen) to top up my harvesters and it's no big deal.
Did I mention a big NO to using bio fuel?
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

You can stop posting guys... I got the message by page 1 lol :)

Perhaps some positive posting : Give me some ideas how you'd like the system vamped / modded / altered for the better ?

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
mropso

Post by mropso »

An idea:

A parallel set of Harvesters at the 50, 60, 70 , 80 90, 100 level points with ORSA Xp levels starting at 3mill and going up at least a mill at a time.

They don't have hoppers but can collect and deliver to a selected C.S. a given distance away, perhaps a range of 10 for the level 50 harvester going up by 5 each time.

These would be a lot easier to use than than the current batch of harvesters so an efficiency penalty would be in order - because of the difficulties in transporting the fuel and the finished product. So they could be 20% less efficient than that standard harvesters.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Maybe add some way to remotely reset harvesters if they didn't find a valuable resource?
Essentially remove the need to fill the harvester for a single cycle, wait, reset it, wait, reset, wait, find a good resource + fill it with dyz fuel. Instead, the unwanted resource could be dumped remotely and the harvester reset to try again (i.e. you could just fill it with dyz fuel when setting it up for the first time).
This could also be tied to a new line of pods, with the best versions available in the CE store.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.