Shall we have another Challenge ?

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Coops
Site Admin

Shall we have another Challenge ?

Post by Coops »

It's been nearly Five months now since the First of Coops Challengers : viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1330

What thinks you of another one ? If you think its time for another one and have some ideas to boost the fun or additional parts speak now. For those that dont know what a 'Coops Challenge' is check out the thread above and ask around.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
MarcSp

Re: Shall we have another Challenge ?

Post by MarcSp »

That challenge was fun, so I'm all for it.
Only issue for me personally - schools just started up for the kiddies and free time is kinda limited for now.

I'd suggest a bit more variety in prizes (not just fuel / festive points / profession boosts)
perhaps add in snarg treats, ammo packs and personal armors, stuff like that.
Slurmewerds
CE Official Supporter

Post by Slurmewerds »

I throughly enjoyed the last one. I also thought the prizes were great. I know there were prizes for each level of each category completed, and if your looking to add anything, maybe for each category completed there could be prizes like MarcSp suggested or some festive fun tokens. As far as additional challenges it almost seems like you got most that can be had unless your able to add derelict sections explored, planet exploration percentages completed, mechs destroyed(doesn't have to be player vs staff). But then again I'm sure sure how the coding would or not work with that.
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Post by Jager 602 »

Slurmewerds wrote:...add derelict sections explored, planet exploration percentages completed, mechs destroyed...
I agree with this, maybe add cqc :) I can't think of much else to add; the first challenge was a nail biter, though...
A plaque on both your horses.
mropso

Post by mropso »

I am all for another one and adding in more categories as Slurmewerds suggests would be great.

Perhaps adding in a small section for those limited few who are following the Pirate line would be good. It would get it noticed by more people.

Only you, Coops, understand the demographics of the player base but it may be worth considering timing it to fit with school holidays - if there are any times when that will work.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I Like Coops Challenges :)

btw, it could involve also some individual challenges. Game counts stuff like number of Ashar cargo moved, Ships killed, Derelict squares travelled etc :) so it could "remember" numbers on day one and gives rewards after reaching goals (delivery once per day). Required Achievements should be level based, like Player_Level * 10 Ships killed, or Player_Level * 1000 Ashar cargo moved.

b variant: Challenging NPC. you interact with it and see 10 challenges, you choose one and it becomes your NPC mission. This way player can make only one mission a time, and it allows more detailed missions (kill pirates/renegades/Gal-Feds, not just ships, in This System, or This Galaxy).

Rewards should be smaller than Server wide, but maybe more connected to Profesion (like ammo for derelict challenge, matrices for combat, CSI fiters for haulers, etc.. And Festive tokens for all).
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

Let me at it!
moshe

Post by moshe »

all that fuel already make me drooling
Zaniah

Post by Zaniah »

I enjoyed doing the last challenge, another one sounds good!
Diarri

Post by Diarri »

Definitely. It's been too quiet recently :D We could use some action!