joes prices dropped!!

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: joes prices dropped!!

Post by Coops »

I have been manipulating the Joes prices for years, we don't have an 'economic model' that fluxes the prices up and down, as the user base is adept at trying to manipulate it (which is what would happen) so from time to time I shuffle the prices along. The same was done for a range three months ago and three months before that.

It's part of balancing the game when it becomes out of whack.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Locknload

Post by Locknload »

But to have a Stable commodity price that you have based Factory Output and Game Play on suddenly ripped, is devastating! Been same price for past 5 years :(
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Changes to Combat system are to blame, I guess, but:

1) Is it possible to announce such changes? sometimes it could require changes to gameplan (change in malls/factories, for example), also for some items value is changed (Crafted items, Salvage).
2) Are those changes applied to stats derived from JOE - GBM minimum prices, U.A metals/mineral outcomes, Sven prices, Ship Salvage outcomes, sales market prices?
3) Were prices in expanse changed too? I mean: NPC - resources for Talas?
Locknload

Post by Locknload »

VP has been Changed...Min GBM pricing...and Malls changed...but a Heads up...would have been helpful
Locknload

Post by Locknload »

Unsure if it is a uniform thing...
mropso

Post by mropso »

Give it a rest chaps.
One one the great things about this game is the way it evolves with new features being added all the time. This is inevitably going to change the demand on certain goods and the price paid for them. Joe's prices have got to be adjusted to fit with those realities.

Prices change in the real world as well as the game in ways that producers cannot foresee and these require changes to business models. Just keep an eye on what you are doing in the game and don't assume that a business model that works today will work next month.