Hammer 6 Reactor

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Hammer 6 Reactor

Post by aRJay »

Just checking these are no longer available from Sec-Gen stores are they?
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Re: Hammer 6 Reactor

Post by Sukayo »

from CEDR
Hammer Reactor Mk 6 Reactor 420 3750 70 Stock Retired

So yes, there is no place wher it is on stock
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

did I miss it, or is there any reason why it was removed from sec-gen?
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
fjiekie
CE Official Supporter

Post by fjiekie »

and can you still get it somehow?
lvl 175 hauler
Fang-agent -- nemesis of the Shredd
Senior-worshipper of Coops and staff
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

only if some one already own it and can sell you .
very few people in game is left them in game and own it now as its the best reactor and they can use it so its hard to find a willing person which can sell those right now . or trade them to you
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
sidewinder fang
Retired Staff

Post by sidewinder fang »

I believe they were removed when the new targeting computers were added because they were rather overpowered when combined.
fjiekie
CE Official Supporter

Post by fjiekie »

maybe the threat of the still ongoing AI war is enough for sec-gen to re-release it?
lvl 175 hauler
Fang-agent -- nemesis of the Shredd
Senior-worshipper of Coops and staff
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

sidewinder fang wrote:I believe they were removed when the new targeting computers were added because they were rather overpowered when combined.
There is a reason for everything, but i doubt overpowered is the one to blame here. Or at least it shouldnt be. Average base damage i can get from my gun (1735 - 2750) and messiah turrets (9x15 + 65)/2 is 2342.5. That is if i have a pod point expander and am also willing to sacrifice my Terranor pod and things like Sochi device which obviously will never happen. Difference between Hammer 5 and 6 is 1% average damage or in above setup 24 damage points, rounded up ;) . So those of you that dont have one, you are missing pretty much nothing.
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

the difference would be between the hammer 4 and hammer 6. with the 6 being retired the setup has to be a hammer 4 and 5 now, with a 4% damage aprox gap between the 4 and 6. Along with I believe a 1100 energy difference between them, which could make a difference for some folks. still can't figure out why they were retired, if you are using 3 big Farnsworth it would eat up so much energy that it would only be for the biggest of the PM ships. I know I couldn't use 3 of them with a Dennari with 44,950 energy with a hammer 5 and 6 on. saying it made it too overpowered would be similar to saying at level 180 mining TV with 3 big rigals makes to few players overpowered in the mining department.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

Good luck with three targeting computers setup :P

Hammer 5 & 6 combo is only useful roughly between 70-100 level. Die hard combat pilots could push level even higher by using Thor 4 energy boosters. That some might opt to use it even at higher levels is not fault or a reactor, but mostly of VP guns overcharge. Still we are talking about 30-35 damage increase here.