Research Academy- results and discussion (edited)

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
airport

Re: Research Academy- not so good result

Post by airport »

Guess I was just lucky for a change :)

Captain, we have completed disassembly, analysis and project improvements on your Gigantor Expander Rev4.

We had to reassemble the Cargo Expander using a new enhanced design format, but we can assure you it will operate flawlessly with your current ship based fittings. Simply plug it in and away you go.

During the project improvement process we managed to boost the Cargo Expander Capacity by 36 units.

We have returned the Cargo Expander to you via courier and it should now reside in your Cargo Expander storage bay.

If at any time you wish to trade the item in we will happily give you a part refund in the form of Research Academy Points. Simply bring the item to one of our facilities and choose the Refund Option.

Thank you for your patronage of the Research Academy.

R.A Chief Engineer
If you pull the wings of a fly, does it become a walk?
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

This is not meant for Alien equipment. This is aimed at rare loot items. Or so it would seem.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

Alien expanders are somehow compatible with this system ... only getting another one to try it for another result is not a way i would recommend for alien equipment.
airport

Post by airport »

Hunbaba wrote:This is not meant for Alien equipment. This is aimed at rare loot items. Or so it would seem.
Meant for Alien equipment or not the system accepted it so I'm going to use it.
If you pull the wings of a fly, does it become a walk?
Diarri

Post by Diarri »

Not 100% sure but it looks like after RA Verecian weapons lose their overcharge capacity. I like overcharge... :(
Delandra
CE Official Supporter

Post by Delandra »

Diarri wrote:Not 100% sure but it looks like after RA Verecian weapons lose their overcharge capacity. I like overcharge... :(
hmm. i got +5% damage... will see if i get any crits...if not then i'll use this one for Aliens and get a new one for regular ships.

Del
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Re the Crit issue with VP RA weapons please read : viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1182&p=4402#p4402

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Post by jebrighton »

I submitted a reactor, using 183 RA points, and it came back requiring 38 less skill points to operate. Not impressive at all. Now, I cannot even sell it.
sirfoxey
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by sirfoxey »

How is that not impressive? You just saved some highly valuable IP? I am somewhat lost with your comment? What were you expecting?
sidewinder fang
Retired Staff

Post by sidewinder fang »

jebrighton wrote:I submitted a reactor, using 183 RA points, and it came back requiring 38 less skill points to operate. Not impressive at all. Now, I cannot even sell it.
That's somewhat lacking in context, depending on the reactor in question, 38 could be a huge reduction. Also the costs and benefits of the system are clearly defined, you shouldn't be willing to commit to it if you're not willing to accept the outcome.