All this U.A. stuff

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

All this U.A. stuff

Post by jebrighton »

I am beginning to wonder if any good money can be made with these U.A. metals and minerals. I only collect about 3 on a good day and get minerals 4 to 1 over metals. I have one good blueprint for a product that sells for over 800 at Joes but the batch size is only 18. I have to be very lucky to find the metals needed and it would take a long time to even make 10 batches and that is only about 144K. Am I missing something here?
MarcSp

Re: All this U.A. stuff

Post by MarcSp »

Well, you're ahead of me in this field, (I haven't even got a blueprint yet)
but I wouldn't be too quick to dump stuff off to Joes.
There is still more to come in this area, so that stuff may become very valuable in the future.
CS is supremely cheap, this is something I'd be hoarding for now.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I bet there is Terovite Gas blueprint somewhere, or even Rhodenon
sidewinder fang
Retired Staff

Post by sidewinder fang »

Or you could just sell the AU metals and minerals instead, I hear they're going for 200K each now
king david
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by king david »

you could sell them to me
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

king david wrote:you could sell them to me
It's a trap!
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

jebrighton wrote: I have one good blueprint for a product that sells for over 800 at Joes but the batch size is only 18.
do i dare ask what you have been selling to joe's?
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

jebrighton wrote:I am beginning to wonder if any good money can be made with these U.A. metals and minerals. I only collect about 3 on a good day and get minerals 4 to 1 over metals. I have one good blueprint for a product that sells for over 800 at Joes but the batch size is only 18. I have to be very lucky to find the metals needed and it would take a long time to even make 10 batches and that is only about 144K. Am I missing something here?
Perhaps this thread : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1154 makes the point that of course its worth it. But like anything in CE what you get out of something is closely tied to what you put in.

There are currently just over 7,000 UA Minerals & Metals in players ships holds. That's since the initial release. Some players are working very hard to collect the resources and research the Patterns. (Lets not confuse new players with Patterns and Blueprints guys). We have players dabbling like yourself with a 'Few Patterns' and some with close to 50.

The forge and researching patterns is NOT an overnight thing and is something to work at over time. The spoils have begun to be realised by a few players hence posts like the one I linked.

But to answer your initial question - Not everything in CE is about making money. The forge is not there to make players rich it's there to fill a niche. That may not be for you, but you may have to look beyond a single Pattern and think bigger.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Post by jebrighton »

My main point is there is not enough out there to do anything useful. If I mine for 45 minutes and get only 2 of these items, what good is it. Heck, I get that many crystals sometimes. Now, if I got 10-15, I could get excited about them.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

The UA resources are treated in the same loot tree as Crystals, the fact you haven't found that many is NOT the fault of the game, its luck. If 7,000 + of these have fallen into players laps so far I fail to see there is a Major issue here.

They are on the same game mechanic as the other 'goodies' that drop just mixed in with them like any new add we place in the loot system utilising that system. Players obviously ARE finding them so perhaps you need to talk to them.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!