Faction XP losses

Everyone was new at one time or another - This section holds our helpful Guides written by players and staff. Plus Primers written by the Developers.
Historical Archives
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Faction XP losses

Post by Historical Archives »

Posted By :
Hannah
Oct 22nd 2009

Attacking any galfed/alliance or friendly ship will lose you a few standing points, nothing critical, the biggest loss I've seen was only a few dozen. Having a bounty on your head does not have any effect at the moment.

To be a pirate, you have to kill friendly ships until your galfed/alliance XP is zeroed, and keep going so that your Pirate faction XP starts climbing. At that point you can be considered a genuine pirate, and can use Outlaw Services (like Ashar/Wesbec for pirates) and Outlaw Combat Offices. You can no longer use Ashar or Wesbec, or take VP or Galfed combat missions.

I've not seen Galfed XP going down after aborting a Galfed combat mission, despite the threat you're given when you abort one. The same applies to Ashar and Wesbec. However, it may be that you get a *chance* of a faction XP penalty and that I've always been lucky, so don't assume you can abort missions freely.

Aborting an NPC mission usually has no penalties, but there are some exceptions. There are some NPCs that ask for random items from the Misc section of your hold, and may penalise you if you abort (though not in faction XP as far as I am aware). Aborting Courier missions carries stiff credit and (levelling) XP penalties, and probably Courier faction XP too (I've not tested that one since the creation of the Courier faction).
Dana Dawson
Data Recovery Tech
Historical Archives Division