Commodities and resources

Have a question you can't find the answer for anywhere else ? Place it here and the community and staff will try to answer it best we can.
shadowkatt

Commodities and resources

Post by shadowkatt »

Hi, I have another noob question concerning commodities and resources. I have been doing some of the beginner combat missions and was wondering about the general loot that is dropped. Most of what I get is considered low end commodities or resources. Do these items have any intrinsic value such as use in blueprints or schematics, or are they mostly stuff to be sold at Joes? Things like different types of ore (copper ore, iridium ore, etc), cadavers, cereal, captains cases, furnace stunners, etc. Do people have need of these things and actually buy them, or should I just get rid of them? I'm having a hard time figuring out what to keep for future use, what to sell, or what to trash in Joes. Thanks in advance for any help =).
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Commodities and resources

Post by Coops »

Hi there Shadowkatt - There are close to 4,000 Schematics in Core-Exiles they all require resources. Then there are all the Missions and NPC requests. As the Commercial Store no longer has a 'charge' I would suggest as would most CE long-time players to keep everything :)

You can review what players are 'wanting' at any single point in time by reviewing the purchase list on the Buyers Market. You can access this by visiting any Galactic Buyers Market on a Promenade. (use the finder on the bottom toolbar to locate where the nearest to you might be).

Often selling resources to the GBM is a quick way to get an injection of cash and will also give you a rough idea of whats hot and whats not at that point in time.

Players will tell you NOT to sell to Joes as that's the lowest base price and you will always get a better price from player fed Buyer orders on the GBM or simply by joining chat and asking if anyone wants XYZ :)

But in answer to your question, every resource in game (even Dead bodies, oats, ore, copper etc has a use.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
shadowkatt

Post by shadowkatt »

Wow! Alrighty then, seems I might have to hire help lol. I have been researching my loot items on the wiki and trying to pick and choose what seems most feasible for me at the moment. thank you so much though for clarifying the fact that nothing is "junk loot" like there is in a lot of other games. Now if I can just get someone to organize it for me lol.
Katona

Post by Katona »

And where can I buy them? The Jerry Cooper mission to craft shield boosters on New Orion did not add energy stabilizers to the shipyard. Where do I buy them?
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

You can post an order on the Galactic Buyers Market (GBM) for most things. Most NPCs will sell
items once you complete some proportion of their mission quests. Ask a guildmate or jump into discord
and ask on there, someone will usually have whatever you are looking for.
Besst of all, ship, CS, and secure storage is unlimited, so just accumulate everything and stock it for the future.

PS> forgot to mention, energy stabilizers are a crafting module. You should have the blueprints already,
I think JC provides you with the blueprint on accepting the mission. You craft them in the manufacturing facility
on most settlemnents. If you need the blueprint its available at Coopers Schematics stores.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Katona wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:43 pm And where can I buy them? The Jerry Cooper mission to craft shield boosters on New Orion did not add energy stabilizers to the shipyard. Where do I buy them?
As per the earlier response here, Cooper will have given you the main Schematics and the Sub module schematics so all you have to do is craft the modules first then the primary SBK's. I believe, if memory serves, the Cooper NPC gives you not only the Schematics but also 'just enough' basic resources to craft her missions.

I may be just for the first initial mission so apologies if i'm wrong on that one, have not checked, but the schematics are for sure added.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!