Staarting Jobs

Have a question you can't find the answer for anywhere else ? Place it here and the community and staff will try to answer it best we can.
Kormic

Staarting Jobs

Post by Kormic »

:? :ugeek: This is going to sound really stupid, but now that I've completed the starting missions, I'm not sure what to do next in this huge universe with my 25k credits. Do hall more cargo, invest in a passenger cabin, how do I spend my IP, ETC. Yes, I did read the guides, but they essentially say that you can do whatever you like, and that's not really true when you're just level 1, so how do I get the most XP for my money?
MarcSp

Re: Staarting Jobs

Post by MarcSp »

If you are level one then you have not completed the starter missions, finishing those mission chains off
will take you to level 10 or higher.

Start with Jonas over on Starbase-51, then do the Gunny missions over on New Jerusalem. Both are in Feris system.
Winston over at Cinq Port in Kelsey is good too. You might not be able to finish all their missions
right away, so bounce between them if you hit something a bit too hard. Try again after three or four levels.

For low level captains (under level 20) most of the time you will be doing combat, mining, or ashar hauling.
Eventually you will level up and other careers (ORSA, salvaging, Wesbec, Union passengers) will open up to you.
Mostly, experiment with them all until you find what you LIKE to do, thats where you will concentrate at eventually.

Generally speaking, combat provides the most and greatest variety of resources as combat loot, with moderate/low fuel
usage, and moderate to small credit rewards (you spend most of your money repairing your ship).
Hauling (freight and passengers) burns lots of fuel but gives highest credit rewards, but little resources.
Salvaging and mining provide a average resources with moderate fuel use balance, but small credit reward.
Courier missions provide high credit reward but there is no guarentee you can accomplish them at low level.
Thens theres planet exploration, derelict exploration, crafting, orsa/nebula harvesting as side jobs for when
you're low on fuel.

Plus: the game is heavily balanced such that there is no fast route to riches. Slow and steady work best in this game.
Decide what your goals are (and where your preferences lie) and follow them, credits and XP will follow.