Dan says Hello

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
Dan Sinclair

Dan says Hello

Post by Dan Sinclair »

Hello! (Or if you enjoy coding, then "Hello, World!")

Hi, my name is Dan and I'm from New York City.

I heard about "Core Exiles" through one of those sites where you vote every day for a game. I was voting for the game I was in, but noticed that Core Exiles had the top spot and so I decided to check it out. The Discord was a bit dead, but I'm hoping the forums here have a bit more life.

So far I've gained a level or two just doing various trucking missions for Ashar. CE thus reminds me of my past, playing the similarly text-based game Federation on AOL where you also start off doing minor trucking and cargo hauling assignments. I'm not yet making much money though because I keep wasting 50 credits as I dock everywhere since I'm new and curious about all the different planets and shops. But as I have no current goal to spend money on, that's fine.

I have one question I'm not finding the answer to anywhere: what is my rapport skill, and how do I level it? Do I want to?
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Dan says Hello

Post by Coops »

Hi there Dan, welcome to core exiles.

You can find the opening post on rapport levels over here

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3757

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain Dan Sinclair, welcome to Core Exiles.

First thing, get yourself a cargo expander as soon as you can afford one. Then start with the Ashar
delivery runs to build up some credits. Don't fret the 50cr docking fee, after a few more levels you won't
even notice it anymore.

As for rapport skill, you get some thru interacting with the NPCs, missions like ASHAR deliveries, and visiting stations.
It is a recent addition to the game, and builds up slowly.
So far none of the NPCs react to it, but eventually there may be NPCs that require some rapport level to interact with them.
Coop's link above will explain it much better, so far not all of that has been implemented.
marcsp
Dan Sinclair

Post by Dan Sinclair »

MarcSp wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:10 pm Hello Captain Dan Sinclair, welcome to Core Exiles.

First thing, get yourself a cargo expander as soon as you can afford one. Then start with the Ashar
delivery runs to build up some credits. Don't fret the 50cr docking fee, after a few more levels you won't
even notice it anymore.
Ok, I took your advice and have acquired a Cargo Expander. Don't ask me where; this entire map is still a blur to me. As far as Ashar locations, I've actually started taking hand-written notes, such as the route from Bedlam to Kelsey (Bedlam, Descarte, Palham, Grantham, Kelsey) or that Hands Hideout is by Wolsey in Palham, Tagons Tender is by Sephira in Bedlam. Many of this is available in the game or probably intuitively obvious or memorized if you've been playing for years, but I find that for me it helps me get the lay of the land if I do my own note-taking. I was taking notes on the NPCS, but 100% all say the same thing: "Nothing personal, Dan, but you have no faction standing in my faction."

Anyway, I have one:
Starter Cargo Expander (NS)

This is a Basic Cargo Expander. A clever device that allows Captains to increase their current cargo space, without the expense of having to dry dock their vessel. This device uses quantum flux and as such, should NEVER be tampered with. Quantum flux can be highly unforgiving if one was carelessness enough to remove its temporal inhibitors. You will require Device Skill level 5 to fit this item.
Last edited by Dan Sinclair on Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Sinclair

Post by Dan Sinclair »

Or rather, I have one now. Well, I had it but it wasn't doing me any good as it was just sitting in my ship's store. Thanks to spending 1750 IPs to raise my Device Skill, and thanks to the handy guide "What that Spanner Icon does" I was able to boost my cargo by 20!

I will link that guide for anyone who ever has the same question: https://guides.core-exiles.com/how-to-equip-an-item/
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

I see you're up to level 5, not a lot open at that level, but you will get there. Check out the
various NPCs on the planets in Feris system, most of them are designed for new players and will walk
you thru a lot of the mechanics. Plus some will reward you with extra IP points and even free equipment for
completing some of the missions.