Hello

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
Bacon

Hello

Post by Bacon »

Bacon
Canadian teacher working in the Middle East
Picked the name Bacon because I love bacon. I miss bacon. It misses me. Not allowed to have bacon where I live. Not fair. So I like to use the name Bacon and see it everywhere. So that usually means I have to play well.

New to the game, looking for tips. I'm resilient. I'll be around for awhile. Catch you guys around.
MarcSp

Re: Hello

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain Bacon, welcome to Core Exiles.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Welcome, Captain

CE is a vast game with a lot to take in and learn. But take small bites at it and you'll be fine. Make sure you do the starter missions and work out what type of main profession you want to do. USE the player base both HERE in the forums and in Discord Chat.

We are all here to help you in your quest to learn more about CE, so don't be worried about asking questions.

Most of all - Have Fun!

Useful links :
CE Guides Site
CE Player WIKI
CE Stats Portal

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
OtherRick

Post by OtherRick »

Welcome, Bacon!

Bacon sends it's greetings from afar. If you need anything, feel free to ask! The community on Discord is very helpful. Seriously!

Anyway, have fun!

--Captain OtherRick and Copilot
Fitzbacon

Post by Fitzbacon »

Welcome Bacon.

Speaking from experience, one can never get enough bacon !

Regards and enjoy the game

Fitzbacon
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Haha - liking the name Bacon, great meeting you FitzBacon

Thank you Coops, OtherRick and MarcSp
Good community here. I'm about to jump into my second game session. Is there a post/thread to read typical options for game play. I kind of like the hauling cargo, it can be mindless, but reminds me of a game I played long long ago
OtherRick

Post by OtherRick »

Hi Bacon!

I don't think I've seen an overview of the professions in CE hanging around, but the quests you'll find in the ferris system can give you a pretty decent feel for some of the professions.

I think there are NPC quests that introduce you to combat, mining, crafting, and extracting. There aren't any such quests that I remember for salvaging, passenger transport... I'm sure there are others, but finding them and exploring the ones that are interesting to you is part of the fun!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Hi Bacon,
There is a section here in the forums - Help Guides & Primers - which is worth browsing, most all careers and
expansions have some posts in here, you may have to search for them as some are fairly old.
There isn't any typical game play walkthrough, basically you pick your goal and work toward that.
Most folk choose one of the expansions (settlements, genesis plot, corporation, PM ship), that will push you into a long
resource acquisition and crafting spree building out your chosen expansion. Some other options are planetary exploration,
or Expanse surveying, or wreck salvaging, if crafting is not to your liking. Some just want to climb up the leaderboards
over on the stats website. Just pick whatever appeals to you.