New users who are still very confused

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
Pengembara

New users who are still very confused

Post by Pengembara »

hi, i am a new user. I'm still too confused to start the game.
mentlsback

Re: New users who are still very confused

Post by mentlsback »

Hi Pengembara and welcome to the game. There will be all sorts of players that will be along shortly to offer all sorts of advice on how to succeed in any of the areas of this game that you may need help with. I am not an expert at any of it as I've only been at it off and on for about 13 years. If I live to be 100 I probably won't have completed or tried half of what this game has and is developing into.
There are all sorts of guides in these forums to help you get started, but the best advice I can give you is to try to complete the starting missions ... they will give you a feel for the various ways you can advance. There are all sorts of ' occupations ' you can try out and the starting missions give you a chance to do that.
About the only other thing I could advise is to join a Guild .. they're all good .. it's a great community.
So relax .. take a deep breath .. and enjoy.
Oh ! .. I almost forgot to mention .. after a while you'll find yourself hooked on it .. the addiction follows shortly after. It's not a game you will ' win ' or. 'wrap ' but once you get into it you'll play it for years.
mentl
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
MarcSp

Re: New users who are still very confused

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain Pengembara, welcome to Core Exiles.
It's ok to be confused, CE is a deep, deep game and a lot of content won't be apparent to you for a long while yet.
Start off by reading the New Player guides, in the CE guides menu to the left of the screen.
You start off in Feris system, there are several NPC characters there to give you starter missions - see Gunny over
on New Jerusalem for a good start. Expand out into the neighboring systems, there are more NPCs out there.
CE is a game for the patient and persistant - there is no fast levelling or power-playing here. This is a game that takes years.
Its almost impossible to damage your character, you can recover from any mistakes. So don't be afraid to try things out.