Greetings

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
WaKKO SicK

Greetings

Post by WaKKO SicK »

My name is WaKKO SicK. I am from New York City on Terra. I lived in the underhive and I might have upset a certain elected official after his daughter and I were supposed to mary but I got lost and ended up at her fathers habitat with a bag of his stuff. All an honest misunderstanding but it didn't look good. Luckily I was sentenced to rimlife.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Greetings

Post by Coops »

Welcome, Captain

CE is a vast game with a lot to take in and learn. But take small bites at it and you'll be fine. Make sure you do the starter missions and work out what type of main profession you want to do. USE the player base both HERE in the forums and in Discord Chat.

We are all here to help you in your quest to learn more about CE, so don't be worried about asking questions.

Most of all - Have Fun!

Useful links :
CE Guides Site
CE Player WIKI
CE Stats Portal

Coops

PS I suggest using the Chat- players will give you plenty of advice and help. Otherwise your plea might get missed in this 'the welcome section.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain WaKKO SicK, welcome to Core Exiles.
WaKKO SicK

Post by WaKKO SicK »

I did have a couple of questions. Like is there PvP? Can I create my own station? What happens when you attack green targets? What are the consequences of incurring bounties? These are questions I simply have not found the answers too. The tutorial really helps alot passing the noob quests but after that I feel kinda lost. I would like to focus on scavenging and combat. What should I put my IP into?
Lost Queen

Post by Lost Queen »

: )

Welcome to CE. That "lost" feeling is normal here. : D
There's no true PvP, but there is Mechs.
You can at level 25(I think) build your own settlement. The space stations are still in development and reportedly cost so much that a guild is required to support them.
By "green targets" I assume you mean the one with a green affiliation, you gain some pirate faction xp with each one you kill (which you lose by attacking the "bad guys" or red ones.
Bounties have no role, other than showing you what money you could have gained by killing that ship had it been red affiliated.

Salvaging needs lots of scan tech, and either energy weapons or kinetic weapons (just enough to be able to equip the biggest laser/drill you have the level for). Other skills that are good are device tech(for cargo expanders), and reactor tech(no one ever died because they had too much power). Combat requires Energy or Kinetic weapons skills, Scan Tech(enough to equip the scanner/detector), Targetting(for equipping Targetting Modules(more fire power from your guns)), one of the 3 types of shields, Drones(for using combat drones), and possibly missiles (some people use them, others consider them a waste of IP).

Look in the guides section of the forum as there are plenty of guides for combat there. Also, check the wiki, as I believe it has the salvaging guide.

: )
: ) It could be worse. : )
WaKKO SicK

Post by WaKKO SicK »

ok thanks man. i appreciate it.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Just a caution on attacking "green" targets - as you gain pirate faction, you will get locked out of the
hauling businesses (ashar/wesbec/union) and some NPCs.
It will take a massive effort to combat your way back out of pirate standing and reopen those stores.

There are a few players who went the pirate career path - its very challenging and NOT recommended for new players.
According to the stats portal, there are a grand total of 9 players who went pirate. That should be a big hint.