Hello

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
Apollo

Hello

Post by Apollo »

Hi, new player getting the hang of the game.

I have done the basic NPC missions. Any advice on what to do next? What equipment to buy and from where? More speed in the engine seems to be something to aim for.

Apollo
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by Coops »

Welcome, Captain

CE is a vast game with a lot to take in and learn. But take small bites at it and you'll be fine. Make sure you do the starter missions and work out what type of main profession you want to do. USE the player base both HERE in the forums and in Discord Chat.

We are all here to help you in your quest to learn more about CE, so don't be worried about asking questions.

Most of all - Have Fun!

Useful links :
CE Guides Site
CE Player WIKI
CE Stats Portal

Coops

PS I suggest using the Chat- players will give you plenty of advice and help. Otherwise your plea might get missed in this 'the welcome section.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
MarcSp

Re: Hello

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain Apollo, welcome to Core Exiles.

There are over 300 NPC missions across dozens of characters, so search around and run more missions.
There are also the career missions (combat offices/FOM/hauling offices).
At your level (18) you should have tried out most of the career options by now, and have at least minimal capability
to do each of them. By now you should have an inkling what careers you like (or dislike) and should concentrate on
those. You should be out roaming the galaxies, starting crafting/extracting and improving your ship gear and skills.
Now would be a good time to join a guild, there are good bonuses and friendships to be had there.

Your short term goals would be to get out of the Marauder and into a better ship, depending on your career preferences, although
you may want to hold off until you are in your late 20-s or level 30, the early ships aren't great.
Eventually you want to get into the Verec-Per galaxy and check out the NPCs over there.
In your 30-s, getting a Snarg, mining barge, UPC+landing gear (exploration), and eventually a player-made ship are good goals.
Once you're into your level 40-s you may want to explore settlements, also Genesis plots and corporations.
So, there is a ton of goals, depending on your preferences.