new blind player saying hi!

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
kelvintan

new blind player saying hi!

Post by kelvintan »

hi all. this is kelvin tan from Singapore. finally created a profile here and really loving this game so far. but feeling a little overwhelmed by the large number of places to go and sometimes having trouble where things are and end up wasting precious fuel getting places.

trying to get more ashar and mining rank so that I can carry more and longer trips and mine more effectively but it seem to tak a long time my mining and ashar ranking is still the same as when I first started. some advice from u experienced players would be great!

thanks!
Kaloseidos

Re: new blind player saying hi!

Post by Kaloseidos »

welcome Kelvin! I'm new as well and feel a bit overwhelmed at times too. have you found a guild yet? That helped me with a lot of my questions, and it is nice to have others around to just talk about the game...and to laugh at or with, depending on the day. lol
kelvintan

Post by kelvintan »

nope I do not know where I can find or join a guild. any pointers?

i'm now trying to do another of those fom missions where I have to mine a certain amount of special mission ores at an asteroid field of a certain system. this is my second fom mission and coincidentally, I am also mining on the same asteroid field and system. but I do not know why I can't seem to mine a single mission ore this time. I am sure it's the correct system and asteroid, but after mining like almost 800 ores, I found no mission ore at all. and I don't want to abort this quest as I understand that there will be penalties. help please? I am still using the mk1 mining laser. not sure if getting a better laser will increase my chances of getting the mission ore? but my first fom quest wasn't that hard although I have to say it took some time. I am trying to look for better mining lasers, but can't seem to find shops selling those. not sure which catatgory to search the finder.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Better scanners and mining lasers will not help, although it will expand the types of ores you will find.
The FOM ores just come thru persistent clicking. I find I average about 1 ore per hold (my ship holds around 2100 cargo).
Make SURE you are at the right system and asteroid field, that it the usual culprit in these cases.

As for guilds, go to the Fieron system, to the space station in the middle of the screen, you will find the Guild Offices
building there. You can view every guild and a summary about them. Then pick one and apply to join. There are
several starter guilds out there.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

And... Hello Captain Kelvintan, welcome to Core Exiles. This game rewards persistance and patience. Power leveling
really doesn't get you much except frustration.
kelvintan

Post by kelvintan »

oh wow my cargo is only at 71, and i'm at lvl 12 now, and just hauling too and fro cargo after cargo, the money seem to be going up very slowly. at level 12, the max cargo I can extend seem to be only 25 more? so plus the original 50 will only make 75. how do u make your max cargo go up so much? and to increase my energy also takes a lot of credits which are kind of hard to come by. any tibs? I didn't level on purpose, because I did lots of missions by npcs, therefore gaining those levels.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Yes, leveling up is slow at first. Don't worry about it too much at this point. Check our various careers and find out
what you like to do in this game. Make lots of credits - take various missions from NPC characters, sell off any loot you
discover, look into extractors and selling off those resources. Also, don't upgrade your ship gear every level, wait until
you level up 4 or 5 times then make the change. Upgrading too often wastes credits.

The starter ship, marauder, is lame. Somewhere around level 20-25 or so you can start moving up into
larger ships, there is a large variety. Don't jump into a new ship right away, check out the CE Data Repository
ships tab, and choose a ship that enhances your favorite career.

Much later on, after level 60 or so, you will discover player-built custom ships, which is where the big cargo hides.
Personally, I was in a marauder until level 31 when I moved into a Liberator. I stayed in a liberator until I moved into
a custom Denarri, somewhere around level 130 or so. Probably stayed in the Liberator too long. I should probably
upgrade from my Denarri into something better still but I am too much of a procrastinator.
kelvintan

Post by kelvintan »

thank u for your advice! yes I have been doing the things u mentioned pretty much!

I have claimed my level5 rewards, and I have received mails saying that I have won some prize and it has been placed in my ship's store, but when I went to my ships's store I didn't find the things the mail claimed I have won. also, I am supposed to have gain a 3000 or 5000 fuel ticket, but I also can't find it in the ship's store. can I know where can those items be found??
kelvintan

Post by kelvintan »

also, I have joined up with the intelleq academy guild, posted in there to get a professor to advice me, but i have not heard from anyone as yet.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

The fuel reward will be found in the fuel depots. In the upper right corner of your display, there is a Fuel icon,
then hover on it. It will display your fuel status and how much you have stored in the fuel depot. Or go to a fuel depot, I think
there is one in Kelsey system, and dock there, it should show you your fuel stores.

As for level 5 rewards (man I cannot remember that far back!) I think you can choose from a 1 month Premium account or
a 5K fuel ticket. If you choose fuel, its in the fuel depot. If you picked the 1 month PA, go to the icon footer bar on the bottom
of the screen, click on the thing looks like an ID card (Captain Bio). It should show you your account details and status there.

Intelliquest will get to you shortly, I have heard they are pretty good. Give them a day or two. Its the middle of the work week,
but things pick up on weekends usually.