Greetings and Thanks

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
MagnusRexx

Greetings and Thanks

Post by MagnusRexx »

To anyone with eyes, literacy skills, and an above average attention span,

When I first registered with Core Exiles, joined the game, and looked at its interface I shrieked in horror. I had no idea what I was looking at. After a few pokes with my pointer and hovering over bold key words, I tried skimming the vast amount of information given to me, but it was no use, I felt impotent in the face of this browser game. I thought this was going to be another casual gaming experience with a little strategy involved and perhaps some social aspects.

Fortunately and unfortunately I was so, so wrong. Unfortunately, at the time, I was not in the correct frame of mind to properly appreciate what is Core Exiles and realize all that it offers its players. I admit, I was in a rush and Core Exiles, in my opinion, demands its player's attention and most of their intellectual faculties.

Fortunately, a few days later, I logged back in, talked to Jonas in the Feris system and have been thorougly enjoying my experience ever since. Core exiles is huge. HUGE! Which is rather appropriate when considering its setting. I know that I am just scratching the surface, but the rush of satisfaction I felt after my first trading mission was complete I knew that Core Exiles was something unique. Suddenly that frightening overwhelmed feeling I had when I first began has transformed into a surge of anticipation and exhilaration. Much like the first time I played through my first tabletop DnD campaign and realized the limitless possibilities to gameplay.

Now, if you have been patient enough to read through this rambling mess, you are certainly patient enough to fully appreciate what Core Exiles does. Its creators and team of writers is definitely better than this poor introduction. But, what I wish, is that anyone who happens to stumble across this post, is that my point be heard and understood:

DON'T PANIC!

Relax, breathe, and go talk to the NPC Jonas. Complete your first mission and after its completion you'll begin to understand its scope.

Okay. I'm out. Lt. Ellen Ripley, signing off.
MarcSp

Re: Greetings and Thanks

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain MagnusRexx, welcome to Core Exiles.
Sounds like great advice to new players, I hope lots of them read this. Its far too easy for old-timers to
simply *forget* what the new player experience is like. So many choices, so many things to do, what to do next?
Still, the nice thing about CE is that persistance pays off - you don't lose ground by experimenting with other careers
or investigating some aspect. It all adds up eventually.
Keep plugging away, and have lots of fun!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Welcome, Captain

CE is INDEED a vast game with a lot to take in and learn. But take small bites at it and you'll be fine. Glad to see you found the starter missions and have begun to work out what type of main profession you want to do. USE the player base both HERE in the forums and in Discord Chat.

We are all here to help you in your quest to learn more about CE, so don't be worried about asking questions.

Most of all - Have Fun!

Useful links :
CE Guides Site
CE Player WIKI
CE Stats Portal

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
paco1601

Post by paco1601 »

welcome in the core ...
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

See you made Level 17 recently Magnus - Keep it up and Grats!
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!