A tale that needed telling...

Named after one of the founding fathers, this Tavern is for Role Playing and general 'in character' discussions. Remember to pay your bar bill!
Coops
Site Admin

A tale that needed telling...

Post by Coops »

In the sprawling depths of Starbase-51, nestled within the heart of Sci-ops, a data technician named Thadius found himself engrossed in the intricacies of classified reports. As his fingers danced across the holographic interface, he stumbled upon a file that caught his attention—a report filed by Epsilon 4, the shipboard A.I. survivor of the devastating encounter with a new unclassified A.I. vessel.

The information within the report sent a shiver down Thadius' spine. It detailed the unparalleled power of the enemy ship, the destruction it had wrought upon the Destroyer Endeavour, and the subsequent retreat into the Nebula. Thoughts raced through Thadius' mind as he contemplated the weight of this knowledge and the responsibility it carried.

A man of principle, Thadius believed in the power of information. He understood the importance of the truth, of revealing the hidden dangers that threatened the galaxy. But the decision he faced was not an easy one. Should he keep this information to himself, confined within the secure walls of Starbase-51? Or should he risk everything and expose it to the world, to the prying eyes of the Interstellar News Network (I.S.N)?

As he pondered, Thadius found himself drawn to the thought of public disclosure. The galaxy deserved to know the truth, to be aware of the looming threat. The weight of responsibility pressed heavily upon him, but he couldn't ignore the moral imperative that burned within his soul.

With each passing moment, Thadius grew convinced that the I.S.N. was the key to disseminating this crucial information to the masses. They possessed the reach, the platform to broadcast this revelation far and wide. But he also knew the risks involved. Exposing such sensitive data could invite chaos, panic, and potentially tip the balance of power within the galaxy.

Thadius wrestled with the decision, weighing the potential consequences against his conviction to uphold the truth. He sought solace in the memories of the destroyed Endeavour, of the brave crew lost to the void. Their sacrifice, their courage, urged him forward.

Taking a deep breath, Thadius made his choice. He would reach out to the I.S.N., not as a whistleblower, but as a humble messenger of the truth. He would present the data, share the report filed by Epsilon, and trust in the network's integrity to handle the information responsibly.

With the decision made, Thadius set his plan in motion. He meticulously encrypted the report, leaving a digital breadcrumb trail that would lead the I.S.N. to him. It was a calculated risk, one that could jeopardize his career and safety, but the potential reward—galactic awareness, unity, and the possibility of thwarting the looming threat—was worth it.

As he prepared to transmit the encrypted file, Thadius couldn't help but feel a mix of trepidation and exhilaration. The weight of his choice hung heavy upon him, but he was resolute. In his hands lay the power to shape the future, to ignite a spark of hope and ignite the galaxy with knowledge.

With a steady hand, Thadius initiated the transmission. The encrypted report, a beacon of truth, began its journey through the vast expanse of the digital cosmos, destined for the eyes of the Interstellar News Network.

As the transmission completed, Thadius looked out into the star-filled abyss beyond the confines of Starbase-51. A sense of purpose washed over him, for he knew that in the face of uncertainty and danger, he had chosen to stand as a guardian of truth. The galaxy would soon know what lurked within the Nebula, and together, they would face the enigma that threatened their very existence.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!