Sell button in the commercial storage

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Morgyrum

Sell button in the commercial storage

Post by Morgyrum »

Would it be possible to put a sell all in the commercial storage so one doesn't have to repeatedly fill your hold, go to joes sell return to storage, fill again and repeat...ect ect.ect! When you have a ton of stuff in storage it's a pain.

Thanks...
Jumper11550
Retired Staff

Re: Sell button in the commercial storage

Post by Jumper11550 »

If you keep your CS at a location with a GBM, you can also sell directly to there and don't have to muss with putting anything in your hold at all, assuming other players are buying. It's also possible to sell to other players directly from the CS if you have a buyer, but still not a sell all.

Traditionally buttons that do large database transactions (such as a C.S. sell all, especially in the case of some older players) are avoided as any hiccup over the internets means that some/all could vanish and Coops isn't likely to have the time to go and manually give you what you lost back. If you look at the secure storage (red warehouse when docked) there is a move all button there and you will see a warning about this issue.

That all said, speaking from here as a player:

Why are you selling to Joes? Two reason's not too:

1) Most other players will give you a better price, the GBM certainly will.
2) Very often you will find a NPC mission or item you want crafted and have to wait on gathering the resources or buy the required resources from other players. It's much easier to just keep all your odds and ends unless you have a specific reason to sell or use them. As long as you keep all your stuff (easiest done by shipping it with C.S.T.S.) in the CS on one location your daily bill will never be high enough to cause you problems. It really is much easier to be a pack-rat in C.E. than it is to always be scrounging for stuff.
Proprietor of Velvet Fortress, Aurelian, Dashan
Morgyrum

Post by Morgyrum »

I have 12 extractors sucking out resources on several planets right now just to save up enough credits to buy a new ship. I haven't started to manufacture or use blueprints yet so it's not a real issue. Most of the stuff is like wood and metals and stuff. I figured joes is good enough to dump into quickly. I'm still feeling my way around the game. I noticed the GBM is mostly finished stuff or made items..ie expensive!!! Still gaining faction standings and training skills. I am storing items npc's want and high end items I find. I find I can't do most npc missions because I can't hold enough stuff in my ship..lol

Thanks for the response
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

i promise you, i'll buy your materials for more than what joes offers (did you know, joes price changes with law level?)
i won't promise that i'll pay you top dollar, but i can promise more than joes :P
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Morgyrum wrote:I have 12 extractors sucking out resources on several planets right now just to save up enough credits to buy a new ship. I haven't started to manufacture or use blueprints yet so it's not a real issue. Most of the stuff is like wood and metals and stuff. I figured joes is good enough to dump into quickly. I'm still feeling my way around the game. I noticed the GBM is mostly finished stuff or made items..ie expensive!!! Still gaining faction standings and training skills. I am storing items npc's want and high end items I find. I find I can't do most npc missions because I can't hold enough stuff in my ship..lol

Thanks for the response
If I were you I'd post your offer in Buy/Sell Player Ads (left top tab (Game info)).