Quantum Transfer Device - Facelift

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Quantum Transfer Device - Facelift

Post by Coops »

There is a Suggestions Thread OVER HERE which I keep an eye on and dip into from time to time. One such suggestion was a change to the Quantum Transfer Device.

The device harks back to a very early stage in Core-Exiles, where a scientist called Dr Albert Carathers was working with Dark Matter and discovered a neat trick. He co-opted the science for this device and hey presto.
The Quantum Transfer device is one of those 'save the day devices'. How often have you trekked over to a distant system to empty your Extractors and halfway back realised you didn't actually pick up the resources! Doh!

This device allows you to transfer items FROM a distant Commercial store TO the local store. Yup, you read right! Of course, as with all great things, there is a drawback. You can only use the device up to 10 times a day. A small price to pay for such ingenuity.
There is an upgrade for the device that takes it up to 50 user a day - OVER HERE.

What's changed?
Now, all of this was done a long time ago, with tabs used for each 'Item Type' it made it somewhat cumbersome to use and a lot of scrolling for those of you with lots of items and lots of same items in lots of locations. So I have moved the JDN to the newer format of table. This allows for multiple column sorting and multiple filtering. Making finding the items you wanted to transfer much simpler!

Have fun those who own one... Those that don't - Follow the links...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!