Secure Store Update

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Secure Store Update

Post by Coops »

Secure Store Update : This one has been on my whiteboard for some time, but I decided now was a good time to spend a few days getting the changes working and moved over to the live server.

Change 1 : When DOCKED at a location that has a Secure Store you will now Find a Blue Bar at the top of your Ships Store on each tabbed section. (excluding Missiles & Misc). This bar is self explanatory but it allows you to 'transfer that section' to the local Secure Store. Therefore if you don't want to move your entire ships contents to the Secure store and only say 'Weapons' you can do exactly that.

Missiles don't leave a ship so no blue bar for them and in testing we found mass migration of Misc items in the 1000's to be a little to slow for some peoples internet connections. I'll work on that one.

For the VI amidst us the Blue bar is under the Tabbed titles of each section and before the listed contents. It always starts with 'Transfer ALL' text for.

Change 2 : Up till now removing items from the Secure Store was a chore. Especially if you wanted ALL you items form a section. Want no more. I have added a similar principle blue bar inside the Secure Store.

It allows you to transfer ALL the items in the relevant section back to your Ship Store. So you can move say all your weapons back to the Ships store. no more spending an hour fixing a mistake you made using the move all.

Change 3 : Probably the most fundamental of the three. In the past when you dropped off an item into the Secure store it stayed THERE. So if you crossed the Universe and suddenly thought damn wish I'd bought that Mining laser with me instead of leaving it all the way over there.... No problem..

From now on Items are still dropped (and stored) where ever you leave them, BUT they can be RETRIEVED from ANYWHERE.

These three changes make the Secure Store a more viable way to store and retrieve items.

Dev Notes : The secure store is there to lighten the load on your Ships Store. Most of you over the years have turned your ships in to floating Warehouses, gigantic Arks of every item you ever collected. But... this means every time to 'load / view' your ships stores your delving into a Gigantic store of items. This makes it slow and cumbersome to work with over time.

Using the Secure store (which is held in a different Database and format) helps keep your ships store quick and refreshed.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!