Reduction Matrices for ShakeBake proceses

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
pikolinianita

Reduction Matrices for ShakeBake proceses

Post by pikolinianita »

For Crafting we have Reduction Matrix 4. But for other crafting forms, like Genesis, Corporation, perhaps Sett lvl 7, we don't. so, Suggestion:
Some MISC items (or Engineered modules) can be used to enhance item/reduce time/resources for crafting. Like, I have Corporate Engine (Combat Rated), with "Military Combat Computer Gen X" i have efficiency boost (depending on X), with "Engine Mount" I get resource reduction.
Option: I can choose one, or both.

Pros:
-Gives value to many MISC items, some of them would go into (I guess) useables, so would gain high prices...

Cons
- A ot of job for dev, to choose right names for right items (Not "Trade Computer Series 2" for combat engine, for example)

Option: Not MISC items, but Modules (of three, or nine, MISC items). woukd be usefull fr Large crafts, I guess :)
Shinter
Retired Staff

Re: Reduction Matrices for ShakeBake proceses

Post by Shinter »

They may not be exactly the same, but this DOES already exist elsewhere.

Genesis - instead of reducing amounts needed, you can research to improve production rates, thus serving the same purpose. The Genesis Industrial Account Booster would also like to have a word with you :-P

Corporations - resource reduction is built in already.

Sett Level 7 - you should see what's there/will be there in coming phases before you assume too much ;-)

Also, keep in mind, any crafting has to be created with a certain goal in mind. If gear exists to reduce requirements, resource values for crafts would just be increased so that the reduced amount achieves the designed goals. So adding reduction gear doesn't change anything for you, just makes things harder for those without it ;-)

Disclaimer: The opinions and views expressed in this post are solely mine, as a player, and do not contain any "secret" information due to my role on staff.
pikolinianita

Re: Reduction Matrices for ShakeBake proceses

Post by pikolinianita »

Shinter wrote: Also, keep in mind, any crafting has to be created with a certain goal in mind. If gear exists to reduce requirements, resource values for crafts would just be increased so that the reduced amount achieves the designed goals. So adding reduction gear doesn't change anything for you, just makes things harder for those without it ;-)
You are Right and clear, unlike me :( So my suggesstion was more about get rid of useless MISC items (by making them useful), Second, I like that feeling when you find ROLF 2 when you need it, don't you?