Change to Festive Loot

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Change to Festive Loot

Post by Coops »

Core-Exiles has been around for a very long time in comparison to many browser games and even some well known MMO titles. We have expanded CE to cater for just about everything we can cram in. Over the years we have added as many of the seasonal and public festive events as seem plausible.

This has lead to a great deal of festive loot over the years. We have migrated how we dish this out and tweaked and tried to balance as best we could during this time. Sadly as we saw recently this is not always ideal and when it goes wrong it has the potential to go dreadfully wrong. (No blame attached just saying).

So it's time for a change. Time to remove the barriers that make you able to gain more festive loot than the guy next to you because your chosen professions loot table is better balanced than yours, or any number of issues that cause imbalanced festive loot.

It's time to reward EVERYONE on the server with loot based on how much effort you put in to actually playing CE. For some this will mean that for the first time they begin to see Festive loot where before they may have not seen any before. For many it should mean a steady income of Festive loot that will be welcomed I'm sure :)

But overall for ALL this change is fair and based on 'You get out what you put in' Play wise.

So how will this work ?
We have been quietly watching and logging players habits for a while now. This enables us to create a system that will award Festive loot based on how much you play. I can't give away the mechanics as that would be sheer madness. But if you play lightly you'll receive loot in the same returns. if you play heavily and widely you'll receive a better return.

Crafters', Haulers, Genesis, settlement owners or players simply hunting through the game pages, we will reward you all for your efforts. No matter what your chosen profession in CE you stand an equal chance of receiving Festive Loot (of course only during Festive Periods) :)

We have created a specific single loot table that we pull from to award you festive loot. You will be informed by a 'Message Window' this is the same style system used for Game Announcements. So if you have blockers on that these appearing REMOVE THEN NOW, or you wont know what you got and when :)

When you've been awarded loot it will be dropped into your Ships Misc bay and the next time you return to 'Normal Space' OR a 'Promenade location' you will receive notification.

You can even cycle back through previous loot messages so you can keep a tab on what yu collected over the last ten loot cycles.

Finally, this was petty much on the books for a long time now and recent events just made me decide to bring it's development to the front of the queue. We / I / staff - won't be giving away how it works. But as long as you PLAY CE you should get loot on a fairly regular basis. For those of you more 'into long sessions' and hard work will obviously gain more from this than causal players, but the essence here is FAIRNESS to all.

You'll know when the system kicks in by seeing your FIRST Festive announcement appear.

REMINDER: REMOVE ANY BLOCKERS that block the current Announcement system. Test it by simply clicking the announcement icon on the footer.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!