December Eve Updates

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

December Eve Updates

Post by Coops »

Tis the Eve Before the month of December, and like last December I've been tinkering :)

Mining Update
Some of you will have already spotted the change to mining, so I thought I might make a quick post to allay any fears or concerns. We know how twitchy Miners can get :) Must be all those long hours in the deep black expanse of space.

I have been at work adding a new 'Buddy' System. More on this in a moment, but it caused me to take stock of the mining Loot / action screen. Although we added more scanners and more roids for miners to find and mine in the past year, we never really updated the actual loot screen.

Combat got a royal update last December so only fair that mining gets a minor face lift at least this year :)

So I have standardised the Mining loot screen to be comparable with Combat loot. No it doesn't use AP's etc and no I haven't changed any of the mechanics (worry not) but it does have the standard small header and footer bar (to go directly to other places) and most importantly TWO more loot windows.

The Third loot window that sometimes locates Misc loot has moved to the end and two new windows have been added.

These extra windows behave with the same rules as the rest so there is NO change other than miners now get the option of MORE loot! Yeah for miners!

Core-Exiles Buddies
We have added (to the game) a new Supporter mode add-on called Buddies. Simply put the major professions of Mining, Combat, Exploration (Derelicts/Planets) and Salvage can all get a Buddy to accompany you on your travels.

What's a Buddy Do Coops?
Simply put, once active on your account they will look over your shoulder whilst you play (at the chosen profession) and keep a sharp eye out for Special crates of Resources. The buddies will scan for crates and then unpack them and place what they find in the 'Buddy Stash'. Therefore you don't need to worry 'where the items went' or if you had space etc.

The Buddy Stash can then be viewed at any time via the left hand 'CE Guides Tab'. You can review what's IN the Buddy stash at any time but you must be Docked at a location with a Commercial Store to transfer items out of the stash. (select how many input system).

There is no in game CS type charge for the Buddy stash, and you can store as much as you like in the stash (from Buddy Loots) so you can leave items there to pile up and drag them out when you need them, or move them when it best suits you.

There is a separate Buddy for each of the Four major looting professions. You can review which you have inside your Bio page under upgrades. Find them at the bottom in their own small section.

These are Supporter items. By that we mean they are 'account upgrades' to improve your game play over time and as such are not available anywhere else other than in the store. (these will go on sale shortly and be available through the year).

You may own one or as many of the Buddies as you see fit but you may only have one per profession.

Note: Buddies find crates from destroyed ships, lost loots and generally flotsam that is floating out there in the great Universe. You may find just about ANYTHING (resource wise) in a crate so don't be surprised !

Christmas Resource Tokens
From midnight tonight (if I can stay up that late) :) You will be able to begin to trade in your Christmas Festive Tokens from supporter sales and competition wins. This will activate itself in the left hand CE Guides tab.

Each token has a CE set credit value. The list of resources is almost every resource in game and the boxes are 'credit value divided by joes base' store value. This gives a fair all round price to each box of resources you may wish to grab.

You can grab as many boxes of resources as you have Tokens! Make sure your docked at a location that has a Commercial Store when you try to 'trade a token'.

There are a few resources on live that don't have a set Joes value. For these we have set the same base arbitrary value we use on Dev when creating schematics using these resources.

You can review how many, if any, resource tokens you have by either visiting your player bio (shown at the top) or simply by looking in the Christmas Resource Token Service (C.R.T.S) Remember it won't be active till after midnight tonight.

Want more Tokens ? We are still giving ONE for each value spend of real money in the store of £25.00 or more. By that I means spend 50 and you get two etc. Some of you will also see you have won one or two through competitions run recently (one runs till tomorrow midnight) so its not too late.

Rudolph - Donner & Blitzen and other Festive items
A number of CE festive Items will go on sale tonight (midnight onwards) for the period of December. These items are December only type items so grab them or loose out.

Finally
December should bring another major release this year but a lot of that will depend on how well support goes and how much time I can spend at the desk coding and not out making funds to support CE. So the more you support the more I can work!

Having said that ! Here's hoping you have a great December we have a lot planned!

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!