Planet Toyila and AI invasion/warboard status

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
MarcSp

Planet Toyila and AI invasion/warboard status

Post by MarcSp »

Can we get an update on the warboard and the next step in taking back the AI invaded planets?

Reason I'm asking: one of the captured planets is Toyila/Talsamar, which is the source for
four planet-specific resources. One of my crafting projects needs 5 digit amounts of one of
these resources. I realize there are alternatives (GBM and Svens) but those are only
practical for smaller amounts, not 10,000+ quantities.
pikolinianita

Re: Planet Toyila and AI invasion/warboard status

Post by pikolinianita »

Don't forget stores (like "sherman exports"). All and each of planet specific resources should be there.

I bet those are also Combat loot, but you have to have Patience, lol.

But, Coops, I'm very curious about Warboard too :) :) :) :)
UncleBod

Post by UncleBod »

MarcSp wrote: I realize there are alternatives (GBM and Svens) but those are only
practical for smaller amounts, not 10,000+ quantities.
GBM works quite well for big amounts.
Right now 17 5-digit orders and one 6 digit order up there.
But depending on what you want and what you are willing to pay, you might have to wait for the order to fill.

/UncleBod
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

The war board is still in progress. It's very much a case of 'balance' and also ensuring that the output is 'usable' by all (Visually Impaired included). Plus I'm also working on the Starbases which in turn will help feed the War between the AI and the Humans - Which up till now has been VERY VERY tame.

On top of that and 'in front of that' We have to enable Settlements to level to 7 and 8. This will enable settlements to begin planning to mass produce Starbase items that they will require. (this gets everyone involved in starbases in some way)

So the next thing you're likely to see is the release on the lock for Levelling a settlement to 7 and new buildings for a Settlement to place. If you don't have a bunker on your settlement, now might be the time to start thinking about adding one and making room :)

It's all coming guys but one pair of hands and recent events have placed me behind my own schedules. Plus with having to take time outside of CE to find funds to support CE it's been an uphill struggle.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Zoorland

Post by Zoorland »

Coops wrote:will help feed the War between the AI and the Humans - Which up till now has been VERY VERY tame.
Just because I'm polite when I shoot them doesn't mean I'm doing any less damage. :p

Definitely looking forward to the warboard most out of those three upcoming systems you mentioned, though. I've already got 16 GPDS ready to unload on unsuspecting AI forces as soon as you give the go-ahead, and am actively working on filling more. And I was part of the second wave of Genesis deployments, I can't imagine how much the early adopters have saved up.

...have you looked into having a second pair of hands surgically grafted onto your body, Coops? ;)
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Coops wrote:So the next thing you're likely to see is the release on the lock for Levelling a settlement to 7 and new buildings for a Settlement to place. If you don't have a bunker on your settlement, now might be the time to start thinking about adding one and making room :)
Any chance for small spoiler, with requirements? I mean which research areas are crucial, Which Equipment will will be Required (Bunker? Defences?)

And yes, I know I'm too curious sometimes :)
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

I'd assume the Bunker to be a prereq, and for defenses the best craftable guns "at worst" (since as we know Coops isn't the type to force us to buy the store only "ultimate" guns). I think a settlement aiming for lvl 7 will/should require a mid to high lvl settlement shield, too. Apart from that, all the "logical" research areas are already done by the time you get to lvl 6.

What would make sense, however, would be a useful purpose for all the staff you conceivably could hire (with 4x Eden 2) - my (theoretical) goal for my lvl 6 setup will require a mere 85 or so people. Make that 100 to account for "suboptimal" defenses and the like and you're still way short of the 240 you could have.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

That should be easy.

Example: Your ore mines have output of 10 of each resource per hour. Every 10 additional staff of appropriate skill will increase output +1. For balance sake you can do that only 2 or three times.

There is lots to choose from.
Increased production for settlement owner: ore mine, gas mine, farm, fabricator
Increased production for settlement owner and/or settlement facility users: rare ore refinery, factory, ORSA extractors

Then you could have workers that would increase settlement shields/HP. Or increase amount of settlement contracts, lower overall settlement energy requirements, increase offense/defense rating, make malls sell more per day and/or at higher price, get more out of passenger/hauling fees and list goes on...