Sett events ,does this sound right

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
XPLODE

Re: Sett events ,does this sound right

Post by XPLODE »

I think the reason for low morale is that the beatings stopped.
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

that depends on how a settlement is selected to have an event, which IS an unknown to us. What we know is that

"I have increased the frequency that the Settlement Attack Script runs. With Settlement levels currently at 272 it needed a kick in the pants to enable it to process all the sets within the 48 hour window required."

But is the list of settlements worked though top to bottom or is a random settlement selected? If it is a random draw, then it is possible for the unlucky settlement to get more events/month than a lucky one. AND if each settlement should expect an event every 48 hours and a pirate attack every 48-72 hours, then there is no guarantee that pirate attacks will fully balance bad events in the short term.

I consider short term around 20 random selections which works out to around 6 weeks. Under those conditions, level 4 settlements dropping below 90% would be "normal". I would worry if they drop below 80%.

I was also thinking that leveling settlements to 4 or higher should now have a CAIC requirement. Something like Level 4 CAIC installed, level 5 +5 levels in all areas, level 6, +10 levels in all areas, level 7 ???
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Pablem wrote:I was also thinking that leveling settlements to 4 or higher should now have a CAIC requirement. Something like Level 4 CAIC installed, level 5 +5 levels in all areas, level 6, +10 levels in all areas, level 7 ???
Sounds like a reasonable idea. Of course, SOMEONE will say "leveling a settlement would take too long with that change"... ;)
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

i believe i recall coops mentioning something like that will be a thing, at least as a preq for lvl 4...
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

I don't really think it needs to be a "thing" with various levels required for leveling up.
The reality is that if you don't have one you'll have a lot of "things" go wrong. Each sett owner should have to deal with this in their own way.
It's not a requirement that setts have more missiles or more screens or whatever in order to lvl up, but a player would be crazy not to. This ought to be the same.
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]