Settlement morale

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Settlement morale

Post by Coops »

Just to point out the obvious - 20% still leaves an 80% CHANCE of a bad event. Good or bad the %'s speak for themselves. Seen a lot of folk thinking adding 20% means they shouldn't be seeing bad events. 20 out of 100 still leaves a LARGE % chance. (and yes I'm pointing out the obvious)

@ Zooli - You have two settlements one level 4 one level 5, you REALLY need to concentrate on defending them more shore up / increase that HP, add a Shield to each and ADD more Defences and Offences. The only way you will hold on to your settlement is to increase these! Bring your offence and defence up into the 1000 range yours are woefully low for a level 5 and your level 4 could do with the same.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Coops wrote:@ Zooli - You have two settlements one level 4 one level 5, you REALLY need to concentrate on defending them more shore up / increase that HP, add a Shield to each and ADD more Defences and Offences. The only way you will hold on to your settlement is to increase these! Bring your offence and defence up into the 1000 range yours are woefully low for a level 5 and your level 4 could do with the same.

Coops
Just to point out a minor detail, Coops, my lvl 5 settlement is sitting at 20k hp with only 400 offence, and the pirates still fail each and every time (not counting the one time I removed all offence just to see what would happen/if I could "force" a ground battle that way). Granted, I do have a repairer 3 running full time, but I still DON'T need much in the way of defenses - at least not until I increase settlement hp/you change the way things work. ;)
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

shhhh, don't make him make sett combat harder ahead of schedule :P
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

jcheung wrote:shhhh, don't make him make sett combat harder ahead of schedule :P
Come on, the pirates are using pea shooters now, so making settlement combat "harder" would only require giving them potatoe guns... :lol:
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Folks you can take or leave my suggestions :) In your case Dara that repairer makes all the difference plus your actual defence lay out if very different to Zooli's. I guess each has his own way. My suggestion every time is Get a Shield!

Either way make sure you have a balance and understand how combat works and that your first settlement is stable before starting a second.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

so with researched 2% all, I don't have hope for good event :(
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

piko, you have, but it is not too high ;)
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

hey, i tied sidd for events... and he has a lot more invested than me :P
zoolii

Post by zoolii »

Nice....Buyed shield,some defense .....morale continue to fall.. 55 percent.... really I lose my settlement .I dont have time for game of late...:(
Locknload

Post by Locknload »

Zoolii why have you not approached me...with this? Do your Research and get Defense up...if u need more Research Centers..get em!

Lock