RAIDS

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Fierz

RAIDS

Post by Fierz »

What is a RAID?
Rexx Shredd

Re: RAIDS

Post by Rexx Shredd »

In Core Exiles, a "RAID" usually means one of two things:

1) A RAID is a large Pirate "Death Star" that can form in almost any arbitrary system. These behemoth battle stations grow over time and can only be defeated by teams of players attacking the giant as opposed to being able to bring it down solo. The player that deals the "killing blow" is deemed the kill credit and also privy to some bountiful loot. The players that contributed to the attack but did not receive the kill credit all get consolation prizes, usually consisting of XP Boosters and some random item such as weapons, cargo expanders, useable space debris, etc......After the RAID is destroyed, it can be salvaged by those with enough skill to Salvage but a Type "B" type cutter must be used

2) A RAID is also what many of my fans and fellow players alike want to do with my underwear drawer ( especially the area where I keep my Battle Speedos)
Last edited by Rexx Shredd on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

From the Wiki "A RAID is a super size pirate ship that more than one person can attack at a time. It drops loot".

They can only be defeated by a group effort.

They can only damage one of Shields or Armour at a time so as long as you have points in both you cant be beaten in one shot, as long as you leave the combat at the point your Armour goes to zero.

Recent changes mean that they attack you causing damage proportional to the damage your weapons can cause.

If you are part of the group that destroys the RAID you will get a share in the reward.

Once destroyed the hulk remains in the system until salvaged.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Fierz

Post by Fierz »

Thanks guys :D

Can it also hurt non-combatants?
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

I have mined and salvaged in systems with raids many times. I've never had a "surprise attack". (I've actually been told that there are no "random combat" events in the game.)

I don't know if player settlements in such systems get an increased number of pirate attacks, though.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

Fierz wrote:Thanks guys :D

The RAID is a counter puncher, it only shoots at targets that fire at it, so you can engage with one and watch other people shooting at it in perfect safety as long as you don't shoot.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

aRJay wrote:

The RAID is a counter puncher, it only shoots at targets that fire at it, so you can engage with one and watch other people shooting at it in perfect safety as long as you don't shoot.

Only with weapons...When I fly-by a RAID and either "Moon" it or perform a "meat-press" against a window, it does not physically retaliate
Fierz

Post by Fierz »

Rexx Shredd wrote:
aRJay wrote:

Only with weapons...When I fly-by a RAID and either "Moon" it or perform a "meat-press" against a window, it does not physically retaliate

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

OK, Coops, we need a new RAID:

Rexx's Naughty Raid

In his attempt to bring his Grandeur to the Universe, the Great and Glorious Captain Rexx Shredd has decided that some systems take themselves far too seriously. This is a problem, as Captain Rexx is all that should be taken seriously. To make his point,Captain Rexx has decided to show his disdain for these systems by mooning them, in what he calls Mission Moonrise.

You may take a moment to applaud now.

Of course, Captain Rexx Shredd is thronged by his adoring masses, as well he should be. His devoted fans know he never stays in a system more than one day, so making haste to see him is critical. You can only approach the Captain Rexx once, as you are not nearly important enough to be in his presence more than that.

You will have three choices when you have your brief moment gazing upon Captain Rexx's Moon.

[Bask in Awe] You know to appreciate great things when you see them. As you see your life fall into place under the light of Rexx's Moon, your insight gains you 10,000XP.

[Take a Selfie] You have the good sense to utilize technology! Upon reflecting on your resourcefulness, you gain 100IP.

[Throw your Undergarments] It's not that Captain Rexx doesn't appreciate the attention, but you have to remember that you are just another grotty unwashed pleb. Yo don't know how far out of your league you are. But, so that you don't become discouraged, one of Captain Rexx's beautiful ship staff will re-gift to you some random tchotchke that a previous fan sent to him. No, it hasn't been opened. [randomly generated crate]

And, Coops... the graphic should be worthwhile. ;)