settlement combat - details

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Delandra
CE Official Supporter

settlement combat - details

Post by Delandra »

Hi all,

Can we get a detailed/round by round breakdown of settlement combat?

I'd like to know what damage the pirates are doing and the effect of my guns/missiles..

blowing up the pirates in orbit is great but i'd like some numbers to think about .. yes, and try different strategies to see how the numbers change..
i'd like to know when my offensive/defensive criticals happen and the effect of the early warning system...

thanks
Del
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Re: settlement combat - details

Post by Darakhoranon »

While I do agree with you that this might be nice to know, I don't think it's really "necessary" since settlement combat simply isn't difficult enough to warrant any kind of strategy/different weapon setups...
My lvl 5 settlement with 20k hp wins against each and every pirate fleet. With an offense score of 400 (the smallest weapon I could find). Granted, I do have 2100 ground combat score, but so far, I haven't seen any ground combat. Ever.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

Which brings a question to mind: Has anyone EVER experienced ground combat, and what was it like??
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

von Wolfenbitten wrote:Which brings a question to mind: Has anyone EVER experienced ground combat, and what was it like??
muddy
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
von Wolfenbitten

Pablem wrote:
von Wolfenbitten wrote:Which brings a question to mind: Has anyone EVER experienced ground combat, and what was it like??
muddy
Go to your room and play with your keybd! :P
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

Does a swimming pool full of chocolate syrup wrestling with my beautiful bikini-clad crew count?
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

wonder what will it do for pirates moral . will it give them reason to go after rex more
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
von Wolfenbitten

Rexx Shredd wrote:

Does a swimming pool full of chocolate syrup wrestling with my beautiful bikini-clad crew count?
Dunno. I'd need to experience that in order to compare. Are we talking dark choc, or milk choc? Or maybe mint?
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

A quick peek in the DB shows that we have seen over 150 Space battles that lead to ground battles, and over 100 ground battles lost - So yes in short they do happen. No not that often but their not meant to :) Loosing those or them even taking place is a 'Bad' thing lol

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
fjiekie
CE Official Supporter

Post by fjiekie »

i once let it happen to test it, you need to unequip all weapons to let it happen at lvl5 though :p
at lvl 6 you need two weapons to be safe
lvl 175 hauler
Fang-agent -- nemesis of the Shredd
Senior-worshipper of Coops and staff