Is it me or a bug?

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Is it me or a bug?

Post by jebrighton »

I do a lot of planet exploration and have been curious about something. Sometimes, I use a XP Booster 30 but do not seem to get much more XP, if any. So, I ran a test today.

I activated a XP Booster 30 and recorded how much XP I had.
I landed on a planet and did one exploration for 6000 XP.
I took off and checked my XP.
I did not get any bonus on the XP.
I also did not get the 2000 XP from the first move where you pick up items for the buggy.
I ran this test several times and could never get what I expected to get.

Is there something I do not know about this or is this a bug or do I need more coffee? I wish someone else could try it and tell me how the bonus is calculated or if they are getting the same results.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Is it me or a bug?

Post by Coops »

In any location where XP boosters affect common XP gains the Boost is already added when you see the XP displayed or before its added to your account. It's added before the display and no after it.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Post by jebrighton »

We get 10 tries to match the three icons or just to improve our score of XP. I am saying that the amount of XP you get is the same per icon whether the booster is activated or not. For example, the planet that has a huge fireball behind it gives 1800 XP no matter what. I have never seen it give 2340 which would be 130%. Also, when you first move on the planet, it gives you the opportunity to pick up some resources and almost always says that there is XP given as well. I could not find where this XP was added to my total. Sorry to be such a pain but I have tested these two areas many times and I just cannot figure what is going on.
Shinter
Retired Staff

Post by Shinter »

Not all activities will give you more XP - XP boosters do NOT affect every in-game activity. On planets, I think it is mostly limited to Exploration (moving from spot to spot). I don't believe the other activities do, and in particular I know that the Geo Scan one does not.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Just to be clear the XP booster does NOT affect everything - there will be some items in CE that are not covered by the boosters, and before you ask, no I'm not listing every instance and non instance. those you can work out for yourself ;)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Shinter wrote:Not all activities will give you more XP - XP boosters do NOT affect every in-game activity. On planets, I think it is mostly limited to Exploration (moving from spot to spot). I don't believe the other activities do, and in particular I know that the Geo Scan one does not.
I think the real "problem" here is that it's often not really clear what is part of a given (affected) activity and what isn't.

For example, I've always defined "exploration" as EVERYTHING I do on a "wild" planet. Or would you consider using your ship's main gun as "combat" and shooting a missile as something else?

Yes, I'm exaggerating a little, but I think this illustrates my point quite well. ;)
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Post by jebrighton »

OK. I will stop wasting my boosters in planet exploration.
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

Coops wrote:... the XP booster does NOT affect everything - there will be some items in CE that are not covered...

Coops
Can they affect the possibilities of a RexxEvent?
:?
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

von Wolfenbitten wrote:Can they affect the possibilities of a RexxEvent?
Anything that involves me is a Bonus upon itself! You should revel in its joy and thank the heavens perpetually for allowing my greatness to enhance your day <Thumbs Up>
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

Rexx Shredd wrote:
von Wolfenbitten wrote:Can they affect the possibilities of a RexxEvent?
Anything that involves me is a Bonus upon itself! You should revel in its joy and thank the heavens perpetually for allowing my greatness to enhance your day <Thumbs Up>
I think I'll just revel in another micro brew, if its all the same to you, Wrexx. Found one called "Loser", a Pale Ale wi 7% alc from Elysian Breweries that's quite nice and removes the headaches usually produced by reading these forums!

vW
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]