Thank you Coops for CE!

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
PaleRider

Re: Thank you Coops for CE!

Post by PaleRider »

Marcus wrote:VW, i normally would be 100% behind the "out" them, but that's not what we should be about. They know who they are and they will either grow up and shut up, or they will quit. Either way, the game and the rest of us win :)
I thank they should either leave as has been said or give coops an apology.
If you are a wimp then you can send it to his inbox if you are not then you can make a new forum post to apologize to coops there so we can all see it.

Also I agree with Huxley you should go and take a vacation coops, looks as though you need one. You've put a lot of work in to CE and made a great game (the best I've played)
Viper20

Post by Viper20 »

As I went through the mail this morning, I was both appalled and sickened by what I saw. After about the third time reading it, I realized that no matter where you go, when you get a group together there will always be malcontent "GIVE ME" people that no matter how much is given, they will only complain that its not enough. To those folks that thinks a game or real world is all about them, SUCK IT UP AND MOVE ON OR GET THE &^%$ OUT. Coops, you have done a bang up job. I have enjoyed this game with old farts like myself and young'ns alike and its been a blast. Sure, there has been the occasional spin but that's life, real or otherwise. Within the games "community" people have come together from around the globe supporting the death of one of the in-game members... some even attended the funeral through other electronic means. I have seen people going through hard time... financial, medical and personal get moral support from members... this is community... this is core... it's really not about competition against teams... we don't go out and blow up each others settlements. We simply poke along at our own pace no matter how fast or slow and enjoy the time with others. Not all of us have the funds to constantly make purchases but that doesn't stop you from keeping us around and for that, I thank you!

I am not one to vent... much less post (in fact, I couldn't even remember how to make one), but this time, I just had to say my piece

For you "Give Me" people out there, if you don't have the balls to stand up for the community and make this right, then please, find your self satisfaction some other way because your not going to get it here !
Last edited by Viper20 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sirfoxey
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by sirfoxey »

Marcus wrote:VW, i normally would be 100% behind the "out" them, but that's not what we should be about. They know who they are and they will either grow up and shut up, or they will quit. Either way, the game and the rest of us win :)
+1 on the that is not we are about.

Coops rarely lets staff know the content of any of the hate mail he gets. It is only on the very rare occasion when his response to them may have a player looking for him when he is not going to be about that the staff get any idea of the content so they can assist that player. Coops is far too nice a person to ever out anyone. Even with these recent events, he would never out them NOR tell them to go get fucked and leave. That just isn't Coops and who he is unfortunately, he is one of those nice guys you see out there in the world that no matter how hateful or nasty things get towards them still tries to help those people to the detriment of himself. Unfortunately no matter how hard Prev, I and other staff have tried we are never going to change Coops he is just going to be that ultra nice guy to everyone even if they don't deserve it.
Aello Starfire

Post by Aello Starfire »

First of all.....whoever decided to call Coops an evil sh!t can go shove it up their a$$. You are the one who is the evil sh!t, because now, it will be YOUR FAULT if Coops closes the game. How inconsiderate can you be to think that your "gameplay livelihood" is the only one that matters? There are hundreds of other people in this game who have put time and effort into it, so if you think you can just go mouthing off when something happens that you don't like, go find another game to play. If you're too immature and obnoxious to play this game, get the hell out. We don't want you here anyway. If I knew who you were, honestly, I would give you a hearty piece of my mind, and trust me when I say that you would not like it. People keep complaining about the new Settlement Event development, well here's what I say: First of all, we got a month's notice that they would be coming, so don't even start saying that you were caught off guard. That is complete BS. Second, if you're having trouble getting ready for settlement events, ASK PEOPLE TO HELP YOU. Third, if your guild is not supportive enough, JOIN ANOTHER GUILD. I, for one, can say that I am in a very good guild in which we managed to build ALL of the complexes we needed with each other's help. I"m not using this as a chance to promote my guild...I'm just saying that if people find themselves in a place where they cannot get the help they need in order to accomplish things, they should help themselves and go someplace better. STOP COMPLAINING! No one wants to hear your whining....any IDIOT can sit around and whine. If you have a problem with the situation, FIX IT. Don't blame your problems on Coops. He is kind enough to put in the tremendous effort it takes to keep this game up and running, and he has better things to worry about than the complaints of ungrateful little turds who need a scapegoat for their dissatisfaction. THANK YOU COOPS! That is all. :evil:
Delandra
CE Official Supporter

Post by Delandra »

I'd like to add my support for Coops and this fantastic game!
I really dont understand how Coops can keep this game going from a business perspective..he must do it out of love.. so sending hate mail is just so broken and counter productive. In a way it does mean the player is real passionate about the game, which is great..but still no excuse for blaming the developer.
The community is open enough that there should be no reason for direct email. In fact the only email that Coops should get should be account related, urgent bugs or THANKS!

I hope you keep this great game going and continue the evolution of the story and game mechanics.

Awesome job!
Del
Oryuken

Post by Oryuken »

When I started this topic I hoped this would happen. Come on people! It is time to stand up and be counted. If you have never posted in the Forum before, this is the time to start. Maybe, just maybe if Coops can see that there are 10, or 50, or 100 people playing CE and appreciate his hard work and dedication for every 1 childish hater out there then maybe, yes just maybe, Coops can find the will to continue.

I was in and out of the hospital for most of 2014. Yet, even in the hospital I couldn't help thinking about CE. I know I am not alone in saying that this game is much more than just a game, it is a community of caring people. I hope that with each word of caring that we show Coops a little bit of the hate and anger that he has received can be washed away.

Stand up for CE and Coops. Don't let a few selfish and childish haters take our game away! To those who could not resist your petty anger I say; Go away!
You do not belong in our community, you do not belong in our game!

Thank you Coops!
Red Dragon Enterprises
Akairyu Dome, Palalon, Sphere: Home of Lady Mariko's House of 1000 Pleasures
Ginryu Dome, Hammer, The Forge: Home of Red Dragon Tours
Thorgil

Post by Thorgil »

The names Coops...the names.
This community loves you and deserve to know the names of that pieces of.... :evil:
VPPB: Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Thorgil

Post by Thorgil »

I agree with you Oryuken.
Coops do a reaction and give those pieces of....a taste of their own bad medecine(as said a Bon Jovi song)
The community is with you.
....And Justice for All....(Metallica rules!!!)
UUUUAAARGHH!!!!
I hope to make you feel my exact feelings.
Long live heavy metal !!!
VPPB: Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

If you can't say what you want to say in public, it isn't worth saying.

I'm sorry Coops that people can't follow a simple rule like that. Some people never learned their manners. I know that you cannot un-hear what has already been heard. So I will say that the worthiness of their opinions is demeaned by their own tongues.

I don't always agree with you, but I do support you. And I always bring my opinions here where they can be aired and challenged by the entire community.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
Ronon

Post by Ronon »

Having read Coops message, I felt the need to come here and thank him for all the work he puts in the game. I've played many browser games and this is the only one that got me hooked for such a long time - I play it almost daily.

Unfortunately, I'm unemployed, so apart from an engine, and trying to make my friends play, I can't really support the game, so I totally understand the money situation.

I'm sorry that people disrespected your work and dedication, when you clearly invested a lot of years of your life in this, with very little return.

So, just wanted to show you my support and thank you for Core Exiles!