Thank you Coops for CE!

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Re: Thank you Coops for CE!

Post by aRJay »

So I fired up CE this morning and saw a message from Coops "Sick and Tired", my first thought was yes that is me how did he know, then I opened it and felt even more Sick and Tired.

Coops I am so sorry that there are such people here.

CE is the best thing in my life, the thought of it ending is terrifying.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Henry

Post by Henry »

I replied to Coops message. But here I wanted to say that most players that complain probably don't even support this game. They want everything handed to them regardless of the work that Coops and the Development team put into it. You always have a few whiners in the crowd and for them I say " WHAT TYPE OF CHEESE DO YOU WANT WITH THAT WHINE". As for Coops and the Development Team...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
Last edited by Henry on Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moonblade
CE Official Supporter

Post by Moonblade »

The hatemails to Coops have filled me with absolute disgust. I have been a CE player for 3 years and the love and dedication of the developer for the game is apparent. These personal attacks are absolutely unwarranted and totally unacceptable. I am actually surprised that this could spring from such a fantastic gaming community.

CE is better off without them.
zoolii

Post by zoolii »

Fully dissociates itself from the offensive dividuals. Many thanks to the development. Coops, You are Giant man,and you'll be in my eyes always...
Zaniah

Post by Zaniah »

I was flabbergasted and was just like "wow' the audacity of some people!" I love this game and I appreciate all that you do Coops. I have seen no other game like this. It's so different on so many levels, and FREE! People need to put on their big boy/girl panties and suck it up!!! Changes are made that we all may not agree with at one time or another, but that's how it goes. To resort so low as to taking a temper tantrum and sending hate mail is childish ignorant, and so damn disrespectful. My guild mates and I worked as a team and built over 10 buildings for everyone in the guild who said they needed one. If more guilds worked together as a team there wouldn't be such problems. Who knows if anyone will read my comment but I am grateful and appreciate all that Coops does. It would be devastating to lose such a great game! So THANK YOU! Coops for all you do!
Locknload

Post by Locknload »

Most Heart Felt Thanks to you Coops. CE is a refreshing change from most of the Gaming World. If there was no Challenge then it would be rote playing. But you have more patience than I have. To the chronic complainers I would bid Adios!

Semper Fi
Locknload
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

In spite of being old and having a cynical outlook I am just completely amazed people would act this way towards the dev of a free game. It just boggles the mind.

If these ppl haven't been terminated from the Game, why not just "out" them so we can all publicly shun them.
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

VW, i normally would be 100% behind the "out" them, but that's not what we should be about. They know who they are and they will either grow up and shut up, or they will quit. Either way, the game and the rest of us win :)
Huxley

Post by Huxley »

Thank You Coops for the great work you do, not only in keeping the game going despite personal hardships, but the ongoing development and improving game-play. To those who would criticise the dedication and passion for the game that you have I would say to them "are you a better analysts and programmer! Put up or shut up. If you don't like it... there's the door!"

You do a great job and I think you will find the vast majority of the community in agreement. Don't give up. Put the system on autopilot and go have a great holiday somewhere - you need a break!

Huxley
Xeno The Morph

Post by Xeno The Morph »

I've played CE for many years and it is the Only online game I have kept coming back to and that can only be due to the hard work and time spent on it by Coops (and the staff obviously) and for that I am very grateful! I would be upset if CE went away and still sad if it stopped being actively developed. The players complaining to Coops are ungrateful, obnoxious & self-righteous, CE is a labour of love and for our enjoyment and making such nasty complaints is just like insulting Coops personally!
If you have a problem with some aspect of CE give your feedback in a constructive, respectful & thoughtful manner (even if it is simply that you disagree with it for xy&z but have no alternative in mind), that may even get you what you want, unlike the way so many seem to have been acting.

As for the dwindling of revenue from the store, I've definitely noticed that Coops seems to have been getting worried over that with the promotions and advertisement, I'm not sure how to resolve that but...
Coops... have you considered some form of rolling Premium Account subscription for those of us who want it? So that you have some more consistent baseline revenue (i.e. somewhat similar from month to month allowing you to not to worry quite as much)
Or even something like Gratipay or Patreon (100% voluntary & with NO stings attached) for those of us who would just like to show our gratitude and have enough disposable income to justify it (and as a useful side effect help you and CE)
Last edited by Xeno The Morph on Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.