Thank you Coops for CE!

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Alan Sinclair

Re: Thank you Coops for CE!

Post by Alan Sinclair »

Thank you coops for all you have done and all you have endured and the fact that have not put the names of these players on display goes to show how more of a better person you are then those players where to you. what ever you decide to do I am behind you 100%. but I would really like to find those players rip off their heads and crap down their necks. once again I apologize for my foul mouth or if I offended the good and decent players of this game
The pact is to Defend. but when life loses its value and is taken for naught then the pact is to avenge
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

Thanks for all you have done to get CE to what it is today, Coops.
UncleBod

Post by UncleBod »

Thank you for CE, Coops!
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

since there has been a social platform on the Internet there has been keyboard warriors, those who in Real life do not amount to much, those who are lacking something important, those who feel the need to be tough without the fear of confrontation. they then feel the need to bolster and prop themselves up behind their computers, where they can sit in their ergonomic chair and do what they feel makes them seem tuff. These people do not deserve the respect from coops, from us, or from anyone who has to deal with their pitiful attempt to seem important.

Coops, you have made a pretty damn good game here, a game which has become an addiction to many people across the world. If you were to sit back and think about that, just realize, how many countries does Core Exiles span? How is that not an amazing accomplishment, CE isn't focused on one culture, one type of person, or a certain people; this game, this addictive beast you have created spans the entire world. Why would you allow comments from a couple ignorant people focused on instant gratification ruin that, why would you let them topple something you have worked so long on and put so much time into? How many people have created something which can bring individuals together from all over the world with one purpose, with one goal, and allow them to all get along and participate in a friendly fun environment? that is a rather short list Mr. Coops, you have done what very few have done, what very few can do, and something many have tried but failed at, where others didn't, you succeeded.

I know right now you are pissed off, you say to hell with this, you wanna play that way then I can too. I think we all understand your feelings, and can't blame you for being pissed, but I do hope you don't loose site of the long term because of the comments of a few immature people. I'll be the first to admit there's been things in the game which caused me a WTF moment, and it caused me to do things different, and I guarantee that's been the case for just about everyone. I don't know if there's anyone playing who's been happy and 100% behind every advancement and addition to the game. the difference is we post differing levels of constructive comments in an open and public forum made for that purpose. there is a difference between those who post here, and those who wanna throw a temper tantrum because they dislike something added to the game; and make no mistake it is a temper tantrum and nothing more. people who feel they are "entitled" to things their way always react like this when they don't get what they want, if a 3 year old had the ability, this would be their response to something they didn't like.

Now, coops I don't know if you will even read this, I know you said you don't even want to read the forums lately. But if you do then there is one thing I'd like to let you know. Speaking for myself I have respect for you, for what you have done, and for what you continue to do. No matter how much we all blow hot air in the forums and cry about something we don't like, you always just post your comments, you stay civil and never tell us to go #uck off as you probably should have in the past. Don't allow a minority to rule the majority, and more importantly yourself, don't let someone who doesn't have respect for you determine what you will do with your life. CE has to be a large part of your life or you wouldn't have put so much time into it. I have respect for the way you have carried yourself as the developer of Core Exiles, and how you have acted towards us the players every day for the 6 years I've been playing. It wouldn't be like the coops who has been around for so long to suddenly pull up stakes and say nice knowing you and turn off the tap on Core Exiles. Take your time off, go on a good bender, get drunk and dance with a lampshade on your head while doing the limbo; but when you cool down realize all you have done, and realize the truth. No person who does not respect you should be given respect, and no one should give them the power to change you or what you want to do. Always remember when you read a mail from one of these keyboard warriors, no matter what, you can't fix stupid.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
Thorgil

Post by Thorgil »

Great Post Holiday!
I like!
VPPB: Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
AnjeSpolmit

Post by AnjeSpolmit »

Most eloquently put Holiday
Albert Ross
CE Official Supporter

Post by Albert Ross »

Coops, you must be waring armour. Whoever this guy is, he could ruin a good game and hours of enjoyment for hundreds of players. Keep your armour on and shovel him aside. There are shortcommings but we can live with them, or around them. Albert Ross (The big bird).
Oryuken

Post by Oryuken »

Thank you Doc Holiday for expressing so well what we all feel. Please listen to him Coops.
He 'sees' with better clarity than most.
Red Dragon Enterprises
Akairyu Dome, Palalon, Sphere: Home of Lady Mariko's House of 1000 Pleasures
Ginryu Dome, Hammer, The Forge: Home of Red Dragon Tours
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

Oryuken wrote:Thank you Doc Holiday for expressing so well what we all feel. Please listen to him Coops.
He 'sees' with better clarity than most.
I can't help but tip my hat to the irony in that post.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I sat down this morning at my keyboard, stiff kneed as I'd spent the day yesterday fitting flooring and painting walls. Very therapeutic, but my body is reminding me of my age these days lol. I wasn't sure what I would find on the forums but I grabbed my trusty Mug of Tea and ploughed on in.

Thank you, all of you that took the time to voice your thoughts, opinions and mostly your support. Sadly the post I made yesterday was the result of the last straw being broken. I do in fact tend to get PM's and mails like that on a monthly basis, what I reported is nothing new. It was just along with the financial desperation approaching I was in not in the mood to deflect their behaviour any more.

It is my hope that without publicly naming them that your support has shamed them enough. As a Developer I know not every change will be met with open arms and adoration and I've lived with that since the very first day. But as a Human being the weekly come monthly drudge of rudeness and negativity pumped directly at me takes it toll.

Whilst crucifying my old carpet fitter knees on hardwood, and proving once again I still can't paint without making a mess, I decided to not let it all get to me, after all 10 Years is too long to just give up.

I will push through this stage of 'down' and pick up my Dev tools and move forwards.

As for finances, sadly what I wrote was very true. Support for CE is dropping close to the point where it will no longer pay for itself, certainly not in its current format. I will look into the idea floated about Patreon as it may be a way for players to support that simply 'have everything they want'. Also I have a swathe of new items to add to the store over the coming months which may help in some form.

In either case, I suspect that we will be able to pay for the servers each month and some left over to go towards advertising, the bigger and more longer term issue is that of Development costs. Something I will have to consider very hard. Sadly it's not just me but also my Family I have to think about these days.

So to wrap up - Thank you for your support - I'll be back at the code face shortly, and support where you can!

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!