Open Warehouse

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
siddharth

Open Warehouse

Post by siddharth »

just had an idea if it could be added in game .
a open warehouse where we can park /sell resources and buy them .
it will work on avarage gbm prises for a month .
if you want to sell it will be 10% negative prise and if you want to buy it be 10 % above the avarage prise .

resources be of game which player trade to ware house so it be know what is avaliable and what is not .
we can place limits on selling and buying each day and so on .
it can be like a place to park resources what we extra and getting resources what we need for crafting from a big pool of resources
for gbm it be diffrent because it will not involve game currency only the coupens or units you hold can be traded for any other resources in warehouse .
just a suggestion . lets see if it get any responces.
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
Rexx Shredd

Re: Open Warehouse

Post by Rexx Shredd »

a Flea Market? or Swap Meet? Its actually a GREAT idea!!!!! Love it!....unfortunately, with so many ways to sell items in the game - including resources - its probably an unnecessary redundancy........
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

I'm sorry, but I think the Player Market is safer.

I come from a country where market manipulation has been an ongoing problem. If you base prices on GBM average, the problem is that GBM prices vary by quite a lot. Look at Flux Gas. If you do a GBM contract with the price recommended by Joes, people try to buy it for about 200cr each. However, as rare as it is, people will sometimes sell it to someone they know for 500cr, but usually sell it for 1000cr. So, the average is driven down compared to demand cost.

This is the problem with using an automatic average. Say, on the Open Market, someone is selling 1000 units of Rexx Fan Mail that you need to build a Rexx Emporium for your settlement. They are selling the Mail for 1000 cr each, which is the average GBM price. However, you have a brilliant idea. You mail me off-line. We arrange a time where we both watch the GBM, and you watch the Open Market. You already have 500 units of Rexx Fan Mail. I open a contract to buy 500 units for 1cr each. You fill that contract. You then open a contract for 500 units for 1cr each, which I fill. You have your original goods back. I have my credits back. Our sale has just driven down the average sale price of Rexx Fan Mail. Before the seller on the Open Market snatches his goods off because the price just plummeted, you buy the 1000 units of Rexx Fan Mail for a significantly lowered price.

I know I can't speak for Coops and the system people, but I could understand them not wanting to take on the responsibility of keeping such a market "honest". There are some games like EVE where people applaud your creativity if you set op a pyramid scheme or other marketing fraud. Coops has cultivated a very different community in CE, and while I have no problems with corporate cut-throat games, I play CE.
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

Sounds complicated and redundant to moi!

Plus, as Akkamaddi said, there would seem to be a great deal of scope for fraud.
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
king david
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by king david »

I was thinking as the player market winds down, that the emporium could have more flexability

Like the option to sell in lots, OR individual pieces

Like you could sell a group of 5 Industrial Extractors (metal) @ 3M
next to it if you wanted you could sell 1 Metal Extractor (metal)@ 750K (you could still keep many Extractors in the hopper)

Thus giving the seller the option to sell in bulk for example

Like I would sell Refined ore at 300CPU
But I had another sale of 25,000 Refined ore for sale @ 6.625M (265CPU)
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

king david wrote:I was thinking as the player market winds down, that the emporium could have more flexability

next to it if you wanted you could sell 1 Metal Extractor (metal)@ 750K (you could still keep many Extractors in the hopper)

please correct me if i'm sorely mistaken, but.... in the emporium, can't you already do just that? or was that rss onyl?
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

Akkamaddi
I think we already got crew resource stores based on gbm prises .
think it cannot be manipulated so easily by gbm it got limits how soon it goes down and base points it will go down . to .
my starting idea was to have a transperent system where all ce community can look at a warehouse and know stocks of given resources which is ready avaliable in game for them also in crafts we need large stocks of extracted stuff now so rather then wateing we can go toclosest store and trade in stuff what we need then have a gbm contract and wait till it get filled .
i was thinking on extracted resources like copper ore , planet resources , expance extracted resources where the prises mostly stable and less of manipulation could be done .
anywayes if people think it cannot be work out or can be manipulated fine :)
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
king david
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by king david »

@ jcheung

no we can only assign a value per unit

I want it expanded to where we can determine lot size of what we are selling
Shinter
Retired Staff

Post by Shinter »

king david wrote:I was thinking as the player market winds down, that the emporium could have more flexability

You still can do this now - just advertise a bulk rate, and send the rebate back to whoever uses it. It takes a bit of player work, sure, but I don't think it worth the dev time to add this feature that can be done so easily by the handful of players likely to use it. Just my view, anyway.
king david
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by king david »

I really like the idea