Settlement Events

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Re: Settlement Events

Post by Darakhoranon »

Achilleos wrote:"Certainly not game breaking " " Just a minor annoyance" !!!!

Having just had my second events -
Loss of 5% morale / 12058 credits and 951 SRP on one settlement
Loss of 3% morale / 14919 credits and 726 SRP on the other.

So in two days I've lost a total of 3450 SRP over two settlements and if we are to expect this sort of event every couple of days then I'll be making practically no SRP at all so that sort of makes research impossible even if I had the building.

Credits and morale loss is insignificant yes but the SRP is definately a game breaker.
I've already had my two union offices rendered practically usless by allowing them to clog up with Alien tourists which very few players can carry anyway, this is another kick in the teeth and going to be punishing far more players than it will benefit.
Alright, so your events have been "worse" than mine, Achilleos, but still, I'll content that neither is actually shutting a settlement down all by itself. I get about 2800 SRP/day without really trying. Granted, that's WITH the SRP account bonus, but even susbtracting it, research would only be slowed, not completely halted.
But even assuming the events essentially HALT your research, that still only means your settlements won't grow anymore until you install CAICs. Which simply means you'll have to actually WORK to grow them (again).

Concerning the alien tourists: Granted, that IS annoying, but it also has absolutely nothing to do with the CAIC "problem". And I kind of doubt accusing Coops of "ruining" the game will help with that...
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Locknload

Post by Locknload »

Is this Whiner Central? In over 5 Years of playing CE I have experienced both Good and Bad events. The one thing that remains constant is that CE is a Fair Game and I agree with Fang, there should not have been a extension. The minor Penalties you suffer in this game are nothing you can not deal with. Support the Game if you are able and live with it or take a hike.

Locknload Semper Fi
Moonblade
CE Official Supporter

Post by Moonblade »

@ locknload please dont confuse whining with constructive criticism.
currently the settlement events are minor yes, but my understanding is that these events will escalate over time. If this is the case huge amounts of SRP will have to be dumped into CAIC research just to keep the settlement running which will take many months effectively
bringing the actual development of the settlement to a standstill. If the aim behind the introduction of CAIC is to cull inactive settlements, why not just reduce SRP requirements ?

Inactive players wont research anything and their settlements will go bust. Objective acquired. Please understand that this is just reasonable comments from a dedicated CE player in a game where player input and feedback have always been valued.Whatever decision the developer makes is for us to abide by and adapt. But surely if it is my personal opinion that a material change to the game can potentially have a negative influence on the overall game experience i will put that up for discussion. As for the hatemail to coops, that is absolutely disgusting and totally unacceptable. See my post in relevant thread.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Actually, I think locknload does have a point here. The events we've seen so far ARE really minor (effectively negligible for all intents and purposes), so getting all worked up about the "need" to spend tons of SRP when we don't even know whether any future events will have more of an impact (or when these "major" events will be activated) seems a little... premature...

Still, if there is one place to point out POTENTIAL problems, this is it.

Due to the whole situation with the CAIC (and those idiots pi***** off Coops...) I suggest we ALL try to avoid exaggerating things. As far as I can see, everyone who's posted here so far has done his/her best to stay civil, so let's keep it that way, alright?
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Zoorland

Post by Zoorland »

Achilleos wrote:So in two days I've lost a total of 3450 SRP over two settlements and if we are to expect this sort of event every couple of days then I'll be making practically no SRP at all so that sort of makes research impossible even if I had the building.
Just logged my second event yesterday as well:
Lab Accident (Trade & Research) - Bad Event
Morale Affected: -1
SRP Loss -69

Having the CAIC really does make quite the difference as to the severity of the events.

Tried not to snicker about the "69" SRP loss. I failed.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

@Moonblade, there is a big difference between constructive criticism and whining. So far, i mostly see whining and complaining.
Yes, this settlement complex thing is a huge addition, but in my opinion, more than enough time was given to allow players to work together(those that know how to anyway) to get things done.
Yes, alot of certain resources are called for, but aren't guilds made for the reason to work as a team? Personally, i'm not sure why some people are even in guilds, because i've seen to many still playing individually and not helping their guild mates or low balling the gbm or over pricing on the market(that's a whole different rant).
My guild is small, not the smallest, but still small compared to many and yet in 2 weeks we built 12 complexes. We planned ahead and had most of the resources. Most, as we did have to use gbm like a lot of others(thanks to those who helped btw)
The hateful comments and whining towards Coops and dev's is uncalled for, this is a FREE game, don't like it, hit the road! Civil comments and like Moonblade said, constructive points of view are fine, but crossing the line should not be tolerated, by Coops or by anyone dedicated to this game.
Hell, i've seen people lose more crap to the 'It's in the Manual' and other cargo stealing events than what's been lost so far in this new settlement thing.
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

Locknload wrote:Is this Whiner Central? In over 5 Years of playing CE I have experienced both Good and Bad events. The one thing that remains constant is that CE is a Fair Game and I agree with Fang, there should not have been a extension. The minor Penalties you suffer in this game are nothing you can not deal with. Support the Game if you are able and live with it or take a hike.

Locknload Semper Fi
I have to disagree LnL. CE favors the player in EVERY respect. You get negative events that strike you hull and armor down to 1 and 1, what happens with the next event? NOTHING, your ship doesn't blow up so you have to be towed back to port (except in combat). I have tracked events when mining, exploring and surveying and the overall outcome has always been and increase in credits and experience points. Have there been days when I asked myself "why am I doing this?" sure, then I look at the over all picture and say "Because it's fun, I enjoy the challenge and nothing BAD really happens.
It's a GAME people! Get your head out of your arse! Figure out what you need to do to make the settlement events less impactful.
I'm making over 3500 SRP per day.
Oh looky! right at the top of my screen I see: 30% SRP Account Booster : Inactive - See CE Official Store - cool I can add that to my 15% bonus for a 45% bonus to my SRP. 30 pounds and look! This bonus is account wide so will affect both settlements if a captain owns more than one.
As my friend Gunny would say "The world doesn't revolve around your ass cupcake! Get a pair!"
Elkhorn
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

Now that Ive had a few days to absorb it, I LIKE the new Sett Events addition.... I think its a HUGE PLUS

Lets face it people, under the old way Setts were a "gimme": Get some defensive batteries, pour a bunch of money in the bank of the Sett and - if you so choose - you could literally walk away from it and almost never have to come back to it. Ask yourself: Where is the challenge there? Dont say "Pirate Attacks" because I have never lost a Pirate Attack to the point that I now equate Pirate Fleet Attacks to mean "Look, Ma, more free fresources!" :D

I can only speak for myself, but I play games because they challenge me......owning a Sett has more of a challenge now, and I totally like that!
king david
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by king david »

Rexx that was well said, I was thinking about the exact same thing today, creates a challenge

Ive have had two settlement events, lost a few credits on one , and some HP on other no big deal

I am not even afraid to lose some SRP. There will be some good days and bad days.
Achilleos
CE Official Supporter

Post by Achilleos »

I'm confused - I recieved this notification on 24th Feb
"Captain,

I have filed a report on an incident that took place at Masons Lodge. Thankfully you have chosen wisely and have a Settlement Central AI Complex deployed.

Never the less, I would seriously suggest we invest more research into the three primary services the A.I Complex affords us. I will not keep you any further but I wanted you to be aware an event had occurred and the report is ready for your review.

Settlement Chief Security Officer."

But nowhere can i find the report, it didn't come in my mail so i thought I would be able to view it at my settlement, but having just docked there I can still find nothing