Research Academy- results and discussion (edited)

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Diarri

Re: Research Academy- not so good result

Post by Diarri »

Coops wrote:Re the Crit issue with VP RA weapons please read : viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1182&p=4402#p4402

Coops
Oh, this is great, thank you! I didn't submit a bug report because I didn't think about it as a bug, I thought it was just "normal" consequence of RA. I'm glad it wasn't :D
PrimeMcNee
CE Official Supporter

Post by PrimeMcNee »

I RA'ed the following items:

Python Expander MK 2: Energy Requirement reduced from 100K to 92K
Haulers Friend Series 4: Device skill requirement reduced from 780 to 702
Usas Defender - Quaternary: Plasma skill requirements reduced from 990 to 871
Interpolarity Field Em-ingod: Max Shield HP from 11750 to 13630

How dare anybody say this new feature is useless or unimpressive, just because they don't get what they aimed or hoped for?
It's Research Academy, not GBM or BS Forum! Searching for profit is something completely different.

I think RA works very well in terms of personal investment, if you like to invest in what you have.
If you don't like to lose on a gamble, just don't gamble, is my advice.
mropso

Post by mropso »

PrimeMcNee wrote: How dare anybody say this new feature is useless or unimpressive, just because they don't get what they aimed or hoped for?
It's Research Academy, not GBM or BS Forum! Searching for profit is something completely different.

I think RA works very well in terms of personal investment, if you like to invest in what you have.
Absolutly, well said.

MrOpsO
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

This little episode shows why some of us.. ahem.. 'older' Captains (shouldn't I be an Admiral by now?) are slow to barge into the new stuff that comes along in C-E from time to time. We'll watch the tearing-around-with-their-hair-on-fire crowd bounce off all the odd corners and such first and learn stuff not to do.
Except Rexx, ofc.
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
von Wolfenbitten

PrimeMcNee wrote:I RA'ed the following items:

Python Expander MK 2: Energy Requirement reduced from 100K to 92K
Haulers Friend Series 4: Device skill requirement reduced from 780 to 702
Usas Defender - Quaternary: Plasma skill requirements reduced from 990 to 871
Interpolarity Field Em-ingod: Max Shield HP from 11750 to 13630
So, you gambled and sort of broke even?
1 out of 4 saved a microscopic amount of energy; 1 out of 4 got a nice increase in HP; but 2 out of 4 reduced skill requirements.
Reduced skill requirements mean little if you have to use an IP Reset to realize a couple hundred points gain, don't you think?
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
Shinter
Retired Staff

Post by Shinter »

von Wolfenbitten wrote:Reduced skill requirements mean little if you have to use an IP Reset to realize a couple hundred points gain, don't you think?
Assuming you only try upgrading things you can already use...
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

Sukayo wrote:Alien expanders are somehow compatible with this system ... only getting another one to try it for another result is not a way i would recommend for alien equipment.
It is a matter of opinion. In addition to points invested, you also must count in initial cost of expander which goes up to around 200 mil Talas. You could still sell them when upgrading to a better one and recoup most of its cost or in worse case scenario use a buyback service. If trying luck with it, you cant do that anymore.
von Wolfenbitten

Hunbaba wrote:...
You could still sell them when upgrading to a better one and recoup most of its cost or in worse case scenario use a buyback service. If trying luck with it, you cant do that anymore.
You're confusing me, Hunbaba... I thought anything upgraded through the RA process became account-bound?
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

My apologies for not being clear.

You can sell your old alien equipment when upgrading to a better one and recoup most of its cost, or in worst case scenario use a buyback service offered by Naristro. If you decide to try your luck trying to improve it with this new process, you not only spend crystals, but also lose equipments original resale value which can easily pass 100 mil Talas.

On another note, there is something interesting about all this that no one mentioned yet. :!:
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Hunbaba wrote: On another note, there is something interesting about all this that no one mentioned yet. :!:
And you're going to just leave us hanging on that?