Damage Adjustments on mining lasers?

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Damage Adjustments on mining lasers?

Post by Akkamaddi »

So, attempt number two was a MK11 mining laser. I was hoping for energy reduction, but I got damage boost +10%.

On any other weapon this would be amazing. On a mining laser, that makes it better than the laser Tomar Stubbs gives you in Starbase 51. Or does it?

Given that we cannot see the final bonus the trigger pull bonus of a mining laser gives a scan bonus, is there any confirmation that this damage bonus is a wonderful thing? Or is it as useful as a pair of pants in Captain Rexx's closet?

And, no, I can't equip it yet. I'm about 80% through level 49. I didn't want to boost a mining laser I would outgrow in a few days.
siddharth

Re: Damage Adjustments on mining lasers?

Post by siddharth »

Item Info : Deep Core Miner MK 6 RA-11
Details
This weapon system is the end product of a Research Academy Project. It was reverse
engineered during the process hence its new appearance. During the process it had
Energy requirement values reduced by some 8%.
Please Note: this item has no resale value and is account bound.
It can, if you so wish, be traded in to the Research Academy for a partial Research
Academy Point refund.
Max Damage: 85 units
Min Damage: 85 units
Energy Requirement: 18400
Min Skill: (Mining) 470
Captain Level: 80
i rather prefer the attack bonus so gone try one more time to see if i can get this time on another deep core laser
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

One XP Booster later, and I can equip it. According to the mining screen, the mining bonus is now 53%!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Grats - at last a happy player
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Coops wrote:Grats - at last a happy player
Every time I hear something like that, I think back to a "Faulty Towers" episode. I don't remember the exact quote, but Sybil expressed surprise at a happy customer, and Basil said something like, "Perhaps we should have her stuffed and mounted with a plaque." :lol: