Anyone have a Nebula Harvester

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Anyone have a Nebula Harvester

Post by jebrighton »

I am considering getting one and would like to know if they are worthwhile. How do you get the DZ fuel to them to keep active and are the ores found of any considerable value?
siddharth

Re: Anyone have a Nebula Harvester

Post by siddharth »

you be needing 400 survey and max 525 survey skill to find nebula Dark matter resources. below that skill you will find normal stuff resources .
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

as for dz fuel, you get that via extractors on almost any planet that offers extraction
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

He's asking how you refuel.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

jebrighton wrote: How do you get the DZ fuel to them to keep active and are the ores found of any considerable value?
You go to the planet, hopefully in the same system, with your Dyz Fuel extractors and fill your ship's hold with fuel, then go to the Nebula and make your way to the harvester management screen where you click on manage your harvester which leads you to the screen where you can add fuel, your choice of amount, or collect harvested resources, either all or the available cargo capacity of your ship.
To fill the tank of your harvester will involve many trips, unless you have CES harvesters which require many many trips.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Post by jebrighton »

Thanks for responses. I think I will pass on getting one.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I do find it amusing that no one sung the 'benefits' of these items. With 155 of them actively deployed and being 'looked after', you may wonder what's the fascination? They require work to maintain, luck to find the resources, but it would appear that if 155 of them are 'active' - its got to be worth it for some players.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Zoorland

Post by Zoorland »

Coops wrote:I do find it amusing that no one sung the 'benefits' of these items.
They are the only way to reliably gather Dark Matter resources in large quantities, which are required in several critical crafting and engineering projects.

Umm... they also, uhh... look pretty cool? They have... neat... names? At least the non-CES versions do. They're a great sink for all that Dyz Fuel you don't know what else to do with? Erm... yeah.
king david
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by king david »

I hope no one wants to use the harvester.

If more people "pass" on them it will help keep the supply of dark matter low and keep the value of my dark matter high.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

Coops wrote:I do find it amusing that no one sung the 'benefits' of these items.
One of the nicest things about the operation of harvesters is that they are proof against the most absent minded of captains. If you forget about an extractor odds on the resource runs out and the extractor goes to pickup where it gets deleted if your mind is still absent, even if you do save the extractor all the contents were lost. With the harvester resource runs out and it just sits there till you remember to deal with it the same if it runs out of fuel.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."