Ore refineries in vp space

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Ore refineries in vp space

Post by Jager 602 »

I don't know if the idea has been floated around out there yet, but I think it would be cool if we had the chance at some point to help build ore refineries in VP space. I know they would be large scale projects, but presumably worth it from a rp standpoint, though I'm not sure of the mechanics involved...
A plaque on both your horses.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Ore refineries in vp space

Post by Coops »

There 'was' a logical Dev reason for not adding O.R's in VP at the time but I'll be darned if I can remember what it was now. The Verec-Per Galaxy was added a few years into the game after a long old project by the players to uncover the jump gates and get them working again.

I'd be happy to think players thoughts on this subject. Not saying it would happen over night as I'd need to check a bunch of back room stuff and ticker codes etc and 'visualise' all the player VS game elements, but as I say I can't remember why they were not added at the time.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

Because VP people are barbarians with big guns and no patience for refining.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

There are tons of refinerys scattered across 4 galaxies already, do we really need more?
Plus refined ore is cheap and plentiful, why need yet more ways to make it?
So, I would rather see something different (and new): orbital ore factories!

Like refinerys, they accept drones bringing in plain ore. However captains can bring in other
stuff (preferably locally minable resources) and the place makes drop-loot stuff per hour like a factory.

ore (100/hr) + copper (20/hr) + traylon (20/hr) + pachysite (20/hr) makes hi grade electronics (5/hr)
ore (100/hr) + randium gas (20/hr) + elothoum ore (20/hr) + strontium (20/hr) makes corex gas (5/hr)
similar to that.

The factorys can be 1 item only, or perhaps switchable to make assorted items.
And perhaps they can be built using a collection project (like the gates or genesis planets).
I'd just prefer the factory outputs to not be something already available from normal factories.

So lets use the opportunity to get something new, rather than duplicate existing processes.
LadyGwen
CE Official Supporter

Post by LadyGwen »

Because there are no ore refineries in V-P, I do most my mining there. Refineries would allow me to use an Adv Auto Mining System to get ores other than normal ore.
Peace, Love and Laughter to all Exiles.
LadyGwen (LG or cutie for short lol)
Bebeb
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Bebeb »

The answer to the VP refineries Q is because they produce refined ore chemically, not the same method we use-mechanically (refineries).
They see no reason to clutter up their space lanes for no benefit to themselves.

Bebeb
If you find yourself stuck ASK for help