Change of IRC Client

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Change of IRC Client

Post by Coops »

Times are moving on and when we first launched the IRC client interface (in game) we used a common method which was then 'Flash' based. This stuck with us through a few iterations and we were up to today using lightirc.

But as many browsers are now clamping down on flash and because we found a nice easy on the eye alternative that's HTML5 we have migrated the in game Chat client.

From your perspective it wont change anything other that look different. As its HTML5 it should work on ALL modern browsers and as it doesn't rely on Flash it shouldn't have any issues that you may have run into on older browsers and Apple products.

VI - You may find this is usable as well, but mileage may vary depending on screen reader usage.

Hopeful we will see a few more of you in Chat now that the chat is more universal and should cause far less issues with your respective browsers.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!