We need a better way to sell to Joes

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

We need a better way to sell to Joes

Post by jebrighton »

Anyone who does any mining probably will collect large amounts of ores that never sell on the GBM, About the only way to sell them is to haul them to Joes one load at a time. This is tedious and time consuming with very little return in money or XP. We need a way to sell to Joes. Why can't we just trade to Joes like we would any other player? Any other solution would also be welcome.
pikolinianita

Re: We need a better way to sell to Joes

Post by pikolinianita »

Mining? try Ship Salvage (albait after price change it is not so big issue ;).
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Post by jebrighton »

I did not understand the above post. What has that to do with my suggestion?
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I bet if you were to list your ores (at joes prices here) or in an Emporium they would get snapped off you. Joes is not designed to take large scale sales, it was added early on to enable players to sell what's in their ships hold. Your trying to sell on a commercial scale, the Emporiums are for that and I can almost guarantee if you add resources to an Emporium (and promote it) that you'll sell the lot @ Joes prices.

Add the resources you want to shift to your Emporium Post here : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=771

And let players see what you have.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
sidewinder fang
Retired Staff

Post by sidewinder fang »

I would offer a different solution, the mall system ingame is a decent way to get rid of unwanted resources that the market is currently saturated with, there is a genesis mega mall specifically designed to take ores and I suspect it gives much better prices than Joe, even if it is at more of a steady trickle

Of course it will require structure points to function but as with many things in CE it is a trade off and you will have to choose which path is most beneficial to you.
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Post by jebrighton »

Many times I have placed ores in my stores that are below Joe's price. All the players had to do was buy and haul to Joe's for instant profit. There were not any takers. So, that does not work.
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Post by Jager 602 »

jebrighton wrote:Many times I have placed ores in my stores that are below Joe's price. All the players had to do was buy and haul to Joe's for instant profit. There were not any takers. So, that does not work.
Part of that might have to do with players not looking for those deals in the first place. To be honest, I've never looked for resources hoping to find any below Joe's prices- I typically just put up a GBM contract. I used to check the emporium view first, but usually couldn't find what I was looking for. Of course, only half the player stores actually advertise, so that could be an issue as well. There may well be a store selling what I needed, but I wouldn't know it for lack of advertising. The player market is available as well, and the buy/sell player ads are also underutilized. But this may be getting off-topic, as these are all ways to sell to other players.

You're looking for a way to sell resources back to the NPCs faster than one cargo hold at a time. One thought may be to create an NPC who bought in bulk from your commercial storage, but would they offer even less than Joe's? If they offered more/the same, then the reason for Joe's would cease to exist. If they offered less, you'd be sacrificing credits for convenience, and players who wanted the extra credits could still go to Joe's. How would that affect the GBM and the sales markets? If resources sold were still the same price in the sales markets and the GBM continued to use Joe's prices as a base, then maybe they won't be that different from the way they are now; some resources may get rarer as players sell en mass, and players may offer a little more to entice others to complete GBM contracts rather than buy from the sales markets, but that's only my first thought on the matter. So far, there are very few resources I have not been able to sell to the GBM; more seasoned players would have a more informed take on that. Would this be an idea that might work?
A plaque on both your horses.