Settlement Events & CAIC suggestions

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Settlement Events & CAIC suggestions

Post by Holiday »

I wanted to start a topic for a place to post suggestions or thoughts on what could be different about the settlement events system which has recently been implemented. Not a place to complain, but things that we the players think could be tweaked, I myself have 2 things I think would be nice additions to the system in general; and would like to hear what others think.

I've been reading the other posts related to settlement events and think there are a couple people who agree with this one. I think it would be nice, and almost essential that there should be an option to open up more settlement slots for buildings. I thought that after reaching level 6 this would become an option, and was disappointed to realize that it wasn't. there have been more buildings introduced for example recently the CAIC, some of them being requirements, but no options for expanding settlement slots. I don't think this should be an option below level 6, mainly because just to get to level 6 you need to have so many buildings put down, income buildings and housing being the main ones, not to mention generators, and now the CAIC. with every new building added that's a requirement the settlement gets a little bit more cramped and options get smaller and smaller for buildings. not to mention with all the investment which is required to reach level 6, it would be another perk for reaching that crown jewel for any settlement.

secondly, with the mail we get for a settlement event, would it be possible for it to mention either all the results whether negative or positive from that event? even if it just listed the morale after the event, just like the settlement attacked message does. just a short line in there like, currently your settlement morale is at 98%; or more detailed to list effect on morale, bank, and SRP. the first settlement event mail I got made me all excited, then I read it and wasn't anymore because it didn't tell me anything regarding the effect it had on my settlement.

Comments, thoughts ideas?
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
Oryuken

Re: Settlement Events & CAIC suggestions

Post by Oryuken »

I agree that more building slots available after reaching level 6 would be sweet. But the amount of SRP already needed is daunting.

This brings me to a suggestion of my own. I kind of hate to say it because I fear the amount of stones, chairs, canes and an assortment of missiles being thrown my way, but....Would it be possible to sell SRP in the CE Store like Skill Packs are? It might increase income at the store while giving
the players an option to do a little more research. What do you think? Ouch!
Red Dragon Enterprises
Akairyu Dome, Palalon, Sphere: Home of Lady Mariko's House of 1000 Pleasures
Ginryu Dome, Hammer, The Forge: Home of Red Dragon Tours
sirfoxey
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by sirfoxey »

Unfortunately Oryuken, I doubt the sale of SRP will be added. By adding it, it will allow players to level their setts far quicker than they were designed. It is a problem that Coops has been having to deal with after players were able to go from level 2 to 5 in a matter of hours. Settlements were never designed to be a fast get to the top level. They have always been designed for a long term project for players to undertake so players who had achieved many areas in CE had a project to work on. One of the limiting factors to players levelling their sett to fast is the speed that SRP can be earnt.
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

okay, so I just called in and made an appointment with a shrink, way too often lately I've been agreeing with sirfoxey...something has to be wrong. :P

all joking aside though, I think it's good the way it is, with the SRP account upgrade, it's 30% right? well for the sake of discussion I'll say it is; and that essentially allows you to get everything researched 30% faster which when you think about it is quite a big boost. allowing the purchasing of SRP like IP packs would have the potential to bring in income yeah, but at the risk of allowing a settlement to go from zero to 6 really right away if someone wanted to spend the money defeating the point of cultivating a good settlement.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
Achilleos
CE Official Supporter

Post by Achilleos »

Good topic.

Not sure if it would be possible but I would rather see my buildings slowly disintegrate and become less efficient until an eventual complete removal of a building and certain members of my staff leave as punishments rather than the loss of SRP.
Loss of morale isn't really a problem because it very quickly returns after an attack and loss of credits is really of no noticable consequence but SRP is a lengthy process to obtain and dosen't really punish a player but just slows his/hers growth whereas with the possible loss of efficiency of a generator, mine etc would cause all sorts of problems for the settlement owner. ( And no doubt most probably be a coding nightmare for Coops )
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I miss some interactive Events. I mean I read paragraph or two, and player have to choose how to react, and reward/penalty is based on player decision.
Oryuken

Post by Oryuken »

Let me point out to SirFoxey and Holiday that the points you raise are preCAIC. Now that a permanent SRP blackhole is present
I think the dynamics have changed. If, as I saw on another post, the total SRP required to get level 37 in all 3 CAIC researches really
is somewhere around 31,000,000 SRP then I have figured that translates to about 19 SRP years. Truthfully I don't have 19 years to spend
to see those researches finished.

My suggestion is not a gamebreaker I believe. First lets suppose you can buy 10,000 SRP at the CE Store for 10lbs. When you buy SRP, it is
never added to your SRP pool. You have to designate the research it is going to. Like Skill Packs it is added directly to the player account
and the player cannot do anything else with it. To go further with my example, my CAIC on my settlement needs 40,000 SRP in each research
to advance to the next level. That comes to 120,000 SRP to raise all 3 researches 1 level and a cost of 120lbs. Seriously, how many players are
going to part with that kind of money just to but SRP? Now, the same player may be willing to part with 10lbs if he has 30,000SRP in his pool
and needs the other 10,000 to level just that 1 research. Even if the store bought SRP is applied to some other research it is not going to be a gamebreaker because that ever present SRP Blackhole CAIC is still there sucking all the SRP from your settlement. Is this not true?
Red Dragon Enterprises
Akairyu Dome, Palalon, Sphere: Home of Lady Mariko's House of 1000 Pleasures
Ginryu Dome, Hammer, The Forge: Home of Red Dragon Tours
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I belive I remember some moanings (before lvl 6 was introduced): "Cooops, I researched my Settlement full, do something, I want to spend my SRP". So now you have solution, you have something to research for next 20 years, cool :).

SRP booster - what about CE store item, SuperHuge University? for lvl 6. it would bring some $$ income, but wont be gamebreaking :).