Research Academy- results and discussion (edited)

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Zoorland

Re: Research Academy- not so good result

Post by Zoorland »

Akkamaddi wrote:
Hunbaba wrote: On another note, there is something interesting about all this that no one mentioned yet. :!:
And you're going to just leave us hanging on that?
That's just sort of what Hunbaba does. :|

As to the Research Academies... eh, one thing at a time - I'll try them out once Lutac stops demanding all my crystals. That is going to happen eventually, right? :?
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

Item Info: Fordham Microcell Series 4 RA-9
Details
This Reactor system is the end product of a Research Academy Project. It was reverse engineered during the process hence its new appearance. During the process we managed to boost the Reactor output by 12%.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
sirfoxey
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by sirfoxey »

I am going to change the name of this thread given the posts that have been made as it is confusing to someone new as the thread contains both information and good results as well as bad.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Re: Research Academy- results and discussion (edited)

Post by Sukayo »

:) you are welcome, sirfoxey.

One of my ideas to make the post was that you need to decide BEFORE putting something to RA wethere it is what you want or not. For that it is better to know the +++ and ---.

IMHO the RA is a great thing, and replaces full the use of crystals in crafting.
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Re: Research Academy- results and discussion (edited)

Post by Holiday »

I know some people have been upset with results from the RA so i wanted to post my results from a shield which was really outstanding.

"Captain, we have completed disassembly, analysis and project improvements on your Interpolarity Field Em-ingod.

During the project improvement process we managed to boost the shields output by 21%."

stats from shield before:
Max Shield HP: 11750 units; Energy Requirement: 7600; Min Skill: (Phased) 500
shield afterwards:
Max Shield HP: 14218 units; Energy Requirement: 7600; Min Skill: (Phased) 500

closeest shield with no upgrade:
Max Shield HP: 14000 units; Energy Requirement: 8750; Min Skill: (Phased) 635

so in summary, i have a shield over 14k for 500 phased skill, verses a stock shield at 14k using up 635 phased skill points.
that's an extra 135 skill in phased at a cost in IP of 67,500. so essentially i just saved myself over 60k ip; one hell of a bonus for a couple crystals, not to mention a lower energy requirement an captain level.

yeah i probibly got lucky in that the output was boosted, but in principal if you were to upgrade something before you increased skills to equip it at it's default specks you'd benifit either way. right now everyone is putting current equipment in the research academy, so you've already spent ip to equip the stuff at it's default, doing it the otherway around you'd always come out ahead.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes