What can a crew do for me?

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

What can a crew do for me?

Post by jebrighton »

I know I have to get a player made ship to get a a crew. Where do you get one and how much do they cost? Can a crew do any mining in my ship while I am offline? What else can a crew do? Is it worthwhile?
von Wolfenbitten

Re: What can a crew do for me?

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

There are several players who will custom build a ship for you, and I have seen several up for resale of late, as well.

My crew hasn't done much for me, tbh. They've paid for themselves but that's about it.
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

You can send your crew for missions. They burn fuel, but gives some credits and crew points, and some misc items, like HTxL, ROtFLs, Locked Crates. Crew points - you can use them to buy resources you need, but not big quantities :(

Crew member cost few M per year, but they bring you credits after each mission, and it is frofitable (but use biofuel)
king david
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by king david »

I do it in hopes the levels get coded in the future, and the pay outs get better

currently it seems to be hard to justify the fuel spent.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Theres supposed to be an expansion for crew missions someday, so you can level up your crew for better results.
Right now, crew just don't have a lot of appeal.
As for crew points, well, all the "hot in-demand" resources are permanently sold-out in the store.
sirfoxey
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by sirfoxey »

It takes a long time to fill out all 6 slots. As marcsp has said, expansion is in the pipeline and spending the time now to fill out the slots is likely to prove very beneficial when the expansion occurs
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

jebrighton wrote:I know I have to get a player made ship to get a a crew. Where do you get one and how much do they cost? Can a crew do any mining in my ship while I am offline? What else can a crew do? Is it worthwhile?
When not on missions, my crew is always primping and pampering me. They feed me Bon-Bons, fan me, and orally read me Harlequin Romance novels (with myself on the cover)...Afterward, we cover ourselves in baby oil and play Twister <Thumbs Up>....They also do my laundry and clean-up after Walhabie, my pet SNARG

jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Post by jebrighton »

My main question was not answered. Can a crew member do mining for me when I am offline?
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

jebrighton wrote:My main question was not answered. Can a crew member do mining for me when I am offline?
no...not at this time, anyway, and Im not sure if "Offline Mining" via a crewmember is being developed, although that is an interesting idea.....a Crew Member can be a miner, but it is proprietary to Missions within the Crew (Gaming) Module
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

jebrighton wrote:My main question was not answered. Can a crew member do mining for me when I am offline?
There are Asteroind Mining missions and Nebula Mining missions. But you don't get ores, you get credits and loot.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter