ISN - Sharaia's Galactic Gate

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gus Givens
CE ISN Reporter

ISN - Sharaia's Galactic Gate

Post by Gus Givens »

by Coops on Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:34 pm

I was invited today on a technical tour of the brand new jumpgate facilities in the Sharaia system - and it was an invitation I had to accept. The speed at which Gal-Fed's science team has been able to harness the wormhole and connect it to the gate to provide a new intergalactic link is astonishing to say the least. Clearly they wanted to take control of the link, and fast - not to mention saving some face after recent less positive events.

My journey took me through much of the gate superstructure - to be honest not much stood out, it was primarily technical mumbo-jumbo. I was more interested in what further information I could find about the so-called 'Expanse'.

Unfortunately the scientists were only interested in talking tech, so I wasn't able to glean much from them. I did however get the opportunity to speak with a security officer who has been assigned to the gate. She was actually quite excited to talk to a renowned reporter such as myself (turns out she used to live on Welling too, and remembers my work on 'Good Morning Fieron!' a few years back).

According to her brief, Gal-Fed will be controlling the gate to the Expanse closely. Given the mess that Admiral Starch found himself in, access will be restricted to those who have made a significant impact since their arrival from The Core. "We're not sending anyone fresh off the transport through to become ali... unidentified combatant food!" she joked.

Travellers will also need to equip a beacon so that they can be tracked in the broad reaches of the Expanse - without such a beacon any damaged ship would be impossible to find for Search and Rescue teams she explained. She wasn't sure where those beacons were available, all she knew was somebody had been given the license to issue them and was set up somewhere in Sphere.

All in all, less information than I was hoping to get - but they did have a delicious buffet, so this reporter was happy nonetheless.

Ash Hansen - ISN News Reporter.