Do I need a gun?

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Do I need a gun?

Post by jebrighton »

I am no longer doing combat but am attacked every once in a while that mainly takes out you shields. My question is why I should have a gun equipped. If i never use it knowingly, why bother? I can use the energy better elsewhere.
MarcSp

Re: Do I need a gun?

Post by MarcSp »

if you are not doing combat, you do not need a gun, it does not protect you from random events.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

also i would remove the shield .....
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

jebrighton wrote:I am no longer doing combat but am attacked every once in a while that mainly takes out you shields. My question is why I should have a gun equipped. If i never use it knowingly, why bother? I can use the energy better elsewhere.
Sukayo wrote:also i would remove the shield .....
The answer to this depends on how much you want to loot.........Only if you plan on farming a few ships for loot, as certain items and resources can only be had from combat -- even then, keep a small one and farm LL10 + planets only or any place where your small weapon can take down ships in a few shots WITHOUT a shield ( Shields can be an energy guzzler, hence Sukayo's response), and make a Table of Ship Type/Loot Acquired. If not interested in farming then remove the weapon....As a side-note, Missiles have an advantage here as the launcher uses little energy and can deal damage with minimal energy consumption as compared to a gun dealing the same amount of damage using way more energy

It would be interesting if Damage Events were made to damage unarmed ships more than ones with a gun or missile launcher in a slot
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

This answer is entirely too sensible and therefore an obvious fake.
So, who are you and what have you done with the Real Rexx??
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

i have similar thoughts to the wolf...
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Post by jebrighton »

Thanks to all for the good advice.