Help me help you

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Help me help you

Post by jcheung »

Well, maybe not you. Or you. Maybe you... And you look like you already know all about this thing. But you look like you're clueless.

http://docs.core-exiles.co.uk/index.php ... es_Foundry

Anything and everything you know about the Exiles Foundry, please toss it somewhere I can find it... or better yet, neatly insert it somewhere in the wiki!

Parts of what's in that page will eventually find it's way to other pages, as I learn more or a more experienced person aids me.

I'm not at all mining you for information to aid myself :mrgreen:
Zoorland

Re: Help me help you

Post by Zoorland »

I would perhaps add a note about how the research works. Each Nano Metal forged earns you 5 Foundry Points, 20 Foundry Points allow you to research a new Pattern. Patterns are discovered randomly; each unique Pattern requires 4 Nano Metals be combined to create a specific resource. Once you research a Pattern you know it forever, but Patterns are bound to your account - even if your friend tells you what a Pattern is, until you (randomly) research a Pattern yourself you can not use it.

Maybe a note on resource quantities created with each Pattern as well - each unique Pattern creates a specific quantity of its resource that would be equal to roughly 16,000 credits if sold to Joes at LL12... or so my current library of Patterns seems to indicate. Though if anyone has contrary data I'd be very interested in hearing it; I'll admit I have not spoken with a large number of other captains about this point.

Hmm... I suppose you could mention that U.A. items can be traded with / sold to other players, but once you create them the Nano Metals are bound to your account. So if you want other players to use their Patterns to create things for you then you have to keep the raw U.A. items around instead of combining them all into Nano Metals.
Sparky
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sparky »

Is there a pattern that instantly makes a PM ship? LOL
If at first you don't find a mission ore, try and try again :)
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Sparky wrote:Is there a pattern that instantly makes a PM ship? LOL
of course it is, but require certificate "Ship Making" and "Cheating" trained to lvl 10 ;)
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

Zoorland wrote:I would perhaps add a note about how the research works. Each Nano Metal forged earns you 5 Foundry Points, 20 Foundry Points allow you to research a new Pattern. Patterns are discovered randomly; each unique Pattern requires 4 Nano Metals be combined to create a specific resource. Once you research a Pattern you know it forever, but Patterns are bound to your account - even if your friend tells you what a Pattern is, until you (randomly) research a Pattern yourself you can not use it.

Maybe a note on resource quantities created with each Pattern as well - each unique Pattern creates a specific quantity of its resource that would be equal to roughly 16,000 credits if sold to Joes at LL12... or so my current library of Patterns seems to indicate. Though if anyone has contrary data I'd be very interested in hearing it; I'll admit I have not spoken with a large number of other captains about this point.

Hmm... I suppose you could mention that U.A. items can be traded with / sold to other players, but once you create them the Nano Metals are bound to your account. So if you want other players to use their Patterns to create things for you then you have to keep the raw U.A. items around instead of combining them all into Nano Metals.
Thank you much, added your lovely info, please review :)

Thinking on things, could people share what patterns they have? I'm curious as to if the same res has multiple patterns.
pikolinianita wrote:
Sparky wrote:Is there a pattern that instantly makes a PM ship? LOL
of course it is, but require certificate "Ship Making" and "Cheating" trained to lvl 10 ;)
I thought cheating had to be leveled to 42... out of 10.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

wiki article is unclear in second point. Each foundry process makes 5 units of nanometal, and gives you 5 foundry points, so each nanometal gives one point :).
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

how about now? :)

some more things tossed in...
would you consider the Exiles Foundry to be a manufacturing type location? want to add it here: http://docs.core-exiles.co.uk/index.php ... ufacturing