Server Move Sunday 5th May

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Server Move Sunday 5th May

Post by Coops »

I'll keep this brief...

CE has been around for a decade and a half, and in all that time we have had as many Server issues as with the current one. We only moved to this server earlier this year but have had a litany of issues, downtime and recently unexplained reboots.

I have been doing my very level best to resolve and push our host and data centre to take interest but to little avail. So this month I leased a shiny new server. VERY well specced, that should be more than enough to see us through another half decade. Now CE has become something of a large amorphous creature with the Main site, Development server and many Sub domain support sites. So it's not a simple 'flick a switch' to move.

I have been spending time ensuring our new shiny home for CE is as rock stable and ready to accept CE as advertised and so far no issues. So I have decided to set a move date of the Sunday the 5th of May. I will narrow down the shut-down and transfer window closer to the date, but likely early Sunday Morning. The actual transfer time will be a little dependent on DNS propagation, but I'm hoping only a few hours.

No data will be lost and when you log back in all your shiny toys, sets, and fury friends will be there to welcome you.

Keeping you up to date...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!