Do You have a K.I.C.K.A.S.S

Everyone was new at one time or another - This section holds our helpful Guides written by players and staff. Plus Primers written by the Developers.
Coops
Site Admin

Do You have a K.I.C.K.A.S.S

Post by Coops »

What is a K.I.C.K.A.S.S ?

The KA (let's keep to the abbreviated form shall we or I'll wear out the keyboard) is a Device that has been added to celebrate our 16th year online as Core-Exiles. It's true, we did run under the moniker Shields Up as a desktop GUI based game for around 14 months, but I'm only counting since the Core-Exiles domain was founded.

Now, the KA device needs you to collect 20 KA Components. Hand these in and you will earn yourself the KA Device. Once you have the Device you can stare at it beauty, place it on the mantle piece of your ship, trade it to a friend or Guild mate... Who am I kidding - Run over to your Captain's Bio Page (on the footer) and get it installed!

The current version of the KA gives Eight Bonuses. These in turn are dependent on the AGE of your account. Been with us for less than a year, and you will get the basic bonuses, been with us for longer and you will get more! Been with us the full 16 years, well done, max CURRENT bonuses.

What do you mean Current ? Coops

Well each year that passes now I will add more bonuses, so next year we will have another join the current 8 and your bonuses will have gone up another year... In case you're wondering, each year I will now run the collection competition for a while, allowing you and newcomers to try to collect the full 20 components needed to create a KA Device.

For those who collected more than one this time round... You can name your price on the little suckers, as they are tradeable!

Have fun Folks

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Do You have a K.I.C.K.A.S.S

Post by Coops »

I have this morning added an Extra Bonus for the K.I.C.K.A.S.S. Upgrade, this one is a Combat Bonus for Settlements under your control.

The Bonus % will show on the K.I.C.K.A.S.S. bio screen and also on the Settlement Defence screens. The combat bonus is applied at the time of combat increasing the efficiency of your Offensive and Defensive weapons.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!