Salvage Recovery Office

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Salvage Recovery Office

Post by Elkhorn »

Salvage Recovery Office (SRO).

These offices are scattered throughout the galaxies. The SRO agent is charged with recovering certain salvage crates.
They offer X.P., Credits and Social Rapport bonuses for each mission completed.

Hello,
I’m Reginald Philips of the Salvage Recovery Office. We pay a premium price for certain salvage crates recovered by Captains such as yourself

Please recover (x) type 3 salvage crates which can be found in the Life Support section of any salvageable vessel.

Upon completion of the mission I will reward you with (x) x.p., (x) credits and some social rapport points.

Salvage crates will be identified to the section they can be found in 1. Cockpit, 2. Weapons Systems, 3. Life Support, etc., up to 12.

Checks:
Does the Captain have a salvage recovery mission (NO - continue as usual; YES - Is the Captain Salvaging the correct section) (NO - continue as usual; YES - generate salvage as normal), is there an empty salvage window {NO - continue as normal; YES - random check for presence of salvage crate (similar to FOM crates)). Crate present and collected (check for mission complete (number of crates)) (NO - continue as usual; YES - remove active mission flag), salvage continues as normal.
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Salvage Recovery Office

Post by Coops »

An interesting addition for the Rapport NPCs, thoughts on this one ? Essentially close to a FOM style mission in that you can collect mission items whilst doing what you were going to do anywAy…

Think we should make a specific item same as the FOM missions that’s non traceable.

But open to suggestions.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Barag

Post by Barag »

I like and the non tradeable mission box/loot is a good idea.
TechnoBeast
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by TechnoBeast »

I'd suggest that they not show in 1 or 2, as that would hinder AI loot somewhat. Hard enough to get that as it is with box 1 being empty here and there. Otherwise this sounds like a good idea.

TB
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

If I recall FOM ores are separate entities and dont take up a loot box, if we follow that method it won't affect the Salvage.

I need to review but will see if I get time this weekend to put this together..

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

That's right! FOM Crates appear below as with recovered loot.
Elk
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!